Worst Elsword offline event ever
Heros Tournament is the most popular Elsword offline event that’s held yearly in Korea. This year’s tournament was held on November 28th.
First of many troubles to come struck during the 1st match. A player was disconnected during the match. So the MC had to buy time holding improvised minigames by calling people out from the crowds and hold prize draws. But when it seemed like they had fixed the issue and tried to start up the first match again, another disconnection occurred. This made the tournament staff go into another on-site maintenance and left the MC trying to buy time again for over an hour.
Finally after an hour of MC’s improvised minigames, they had an another attempt at starting the first match. First and second match managed to finish without a problem this time. But the trouble occurred again during the 3rd/4th place match, this time one of the players’ keyboard had malfunctioned.
So…. another hour of improvised minigames later they tried to get the 3rd/4th place match going again but….. what do you know, it ended in player disconnecting again.
Way behind schedule, the staff ended up showing the new character reveal early. This ridiculous farce of an offline event had already tested the patience of Elsword users both at the site and those watching from the livestream. The state of Elsword balance was already bad and they got worse after the character renewals. But KOG showed no intention cleaning up after the character renewals and was now releasing a new character when they had clearly said “we have no plans for new character” during the Chemi food party event they held earlier this year.
Seeing the new character reveal, patience of Elsword users ran out and all their pent up rage exploded. You could see multiple angry people leaving the event right there.
<New Character Rose + Crowd reaction>
For Elsword users that were faced with broken balance caused by the aftermath of late 2014 Raid Hack incident, Character Renewals and the Stat Maximization patch. They were in no state to want a new character.
Quite a large amount of Elsword users are negative about this update reveal with the reasons summed up by this post.(Which I translated the key points)
- Release timing is horrible. Elsword isn’t in a state to add a new character. To make things worse, it’s not even an Elsword original character but a DFO collaboration Ctrl+c/Ctrl+v character.
- Even if new character comes out there’s nothing to do in the game.
- Overlapping character concepts: Pistol(DC), Artillery(TT), Mech(CEM), Spitfire(VC)
- In next 5~6 months nerds(players) will be playing Rose anyways. KOG knows this. This reveal is just them saying “Here play some busty female character and forget about game’s current problems.”
- The new character isn’t even related to Elsword. Why Dungeon Fighter Online? If they had wanted a dual gun wielder they could have chosen from Grand Chase.
- ^Actually even Grand Chase character Elesis coming to Elsword and acting like the true main character is distasteful. Now we have to see a character from completely unrelated universe come in and run amok.
- If they had brought a GC character it could have been more acceptable as “GC memorial” since its closing on 12/31/2015. Adding a DFO character was very random and off place.
- ^Then why did they not bring a character from GC and instead brought a DFO character? There’s no players to attract from GC.
- ^KOG’s intentions: “We’re losing players so we can just bring DFO players. If we bring a pretty and popular Female gunner from DFO we can shut those nerds(players) up and reel in DFO players at the same time. 2 birds with one stone.”
- ^How KOG views its players: Players =
Customer that gives money= Machine that give money
- Rose as a character isn’t as much of a problem with most players except those angry with overlapping concepts. It’s her release time and the intention behind her release that’s the issue.
- What players are mad at is not the new character. They are mad at KOG releasing a new character not as a apology of their faulty management but as to use it as a coverup knowing fully well that nerds(players) will be all over pretty&popular female character.
In the end, the 3rd/4th place match and the final match was postponed to further date. So poor Elsword users that went to watch the offline event had to watch improvised show for almost 4 hours and no PvP tournament they came to watch.
-Trainer, CLOSERS Online, in TOP 3 NEXON Game quotes.