|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • magyar • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 日本語 • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • русский • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
|小侠 (Little Xia)|
|Name||Ara Haan (Chinese: 韓艾拉; pinyin: Hán Àilā)|
|Class||小侠 (Little Xia)|
|Weapon||Spear, Haan-family Techniques|
|Date of Birth||December 20th|
|Height||168 cm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Class Tree||Little Xia (小侠) > Little Hsien (小仙) > Sakra Devanam (帝天)
Little Xia (小侠) > Little Devil (小魔) > Yama Raja (冥王)
Little Xia (小侠) > Little Specter (小妖) > Asura (修羅)
|Voice Actors|| 여민정 Yeo Min Jeong
佐藤 聡美 Satomi Satō
Skill Cutin: Sando
|Release Date|| 20 December 2012
24 July 2013
December 18th, 2013
18 December 2013
19 December 2013
8 July 2014
Until I face my brother again... I cannot give up!
Ara is a skilled martial artist who uses a spear. She is a highly versatile character, with extremely long melee attack range, as well as superior attack speed and mobility. Having an air-dash in addition to the double jump, Ara's aerial mobility rivals that of Eve, who is known for having remarkable overall movement freedom. Her range also allows her to catch enemies in her combos from a safe distance, and even hit enemies behind, above, and below her easily. Ara also has a unique trait to her different from others, as she uses "Spirit Energy" which can be used as substitution of MP.
Main Article: Power of Eun
Ara has a special system called Spirit Energy. Ara's Awakening is similar to that of Chung's Freiturnier in that 3 awakening beads will bring on a change in appearance. In Ara's case, she gains the tails of a 9-tailed fox, and white hair.
Ara Haan was born in town of Fahrmann, in the Xin Empire located in the Northern Fluone continent. Ara's village housed a large shattered El-fragment. This particular fragment radiated powerful moon energy.
Ara is the daughter of the Haan Family, a warrior family that protected the seal of the Nine-Tailed-Fox for generations. At first glance, Ara looks like a kind and polite girl, but because of her family's influence, she is actually a highly skilled martial artist and spear wielder. Her brother, Aren Haan, began his training early and was able to become strong enough to become the Defense Captain of Fahrmann's capital. On one night, the village Ara had lived in had been attacked by an army of demons to take the village's Moon Elstone. Ara tried her best to fight back, but was outnumbered and cornered. In the destruction, Ara fell into a room containing a mysterious altar. A large hairpin that was pinned to the altar was thrown across the floor. Ara is approached by her brother, Aren, who is now Ran, the demon general who had led the invasion. Aren, who had inherited his strong spirit from the moon, had been corrupted and reborn as Ran due to the Dark El contaminating the moon's power. Ran had conquered Fahrmann's capital and led his army to retrieve the village's El-fragment.
As Ran is about to kill Ara, the last survivor, she instinctively protected herself with the hairpin on the floor. The pin unleashed a powerful light and Ara fell unconscious. When she woke, Ara found herself alone in center of the village. The nine tailed fox had possessed her and fought the demons back, but the Moon Elstone had already been taken by them. Ara then hears the spirit's voice, Eun, who had been sealed in the pin for centuries. Eun makes a contract with Ara, agreeing to lend Ara her power and help her find her brother, Aren. In exchange, Ara has to help Eun bring back the Elstone. Ara accepts, and they go on their journey to search for Aren.
The duo arrives in Hamel after hearing of the demon invasion there, but Ara is too late and can only find traces of the demons. She quickly encounters and fights Karis, a Demon general in the Halls of Water. With the help of Eun, Ara was able to fight off Karis and escape. She eventually comes across the ElTeam who mistake her for another demon due to Ara being in her Eun form. After the misunderstanding, Elsword tells Ara that they already had fought the demons and that Ran had escaped from the Water Temple. He offers Ara to travel with him and his team, as they may come across Ran again. Ara agrees, joining in hopes of finding her brother as well as the Moon El to fulfill her contract with Eun.
First Class Advancement
Ara is required to be Lv 15 to begin her first class advancement.
- Clear 2-4 Hard mode or higher at B rank or higher.
- Collect 2 Mechanical Steel from Nasod Banthus at 2-3 in any mode.
- Clear 2-2 Hard mode or higher 2 times.
- Clear 2-5 Hard mode or higher at B rank or higher.
After completing the Little Xia quest chain, Ara can decide between advancing as Little Hsien, Little Devil or Little Specter.
Click job names below to see what must be done after advancing to Little Xia.
Little Hsien Little Devil Little Specter
|Level 0 (2 SP)|
|Level 5 (2 SP)|
|Level 10 (2 SP)|
|Level 15 (2 SP)|
|Level 20 (2 SP)|
|Basic Z combo involving = Stab -> Pull -> Stab(x2) -> Spin(x3)(KD).|
|Z combo involving = Stab -> Pull, followed by a ground smash(KU) and backflip.|
|Z combo involving = Stab -> Pull -> Stab(x2) -> Spear Charge(HOLD) -> Charged Stab.|
| Basic X combo involving = Spin -> Spin -> Spin(Stoic) -> Spin ~ Spin (Max x3).
| X combo involving = Spin -> Spin -> Stab(Pull) -> Ground Slam(KU)
|Single jump Upper-swing that does not knocks targets up.|
|Single jump Uppercut that knocks targets up.|
|After/While running, Stab(x2) -> (HOLD) Stab(x3)(KD).|
| After/While running, Ground Slam(KU).
|After/While air jump, Swing -> Swing ->Swing(KD).|
|After/While air jump, stab the target's legs and pull herself behind targets.|
Backstory of Ara in comic format.
Translated Version Click Here
- Eun is based off the Nine-tailed fox, a species of creature depicted in the Shan Hai Jing as having the voice of a human infant. It can be eaten by humans, and those who eat it will be protected from evil.
- Ara's full name, Ara Haan, was probably based on the term (or "Arahant"), from the Buddhism, that means: "one who is worthy", "a perfected person who has attained nirvana"
- Ran, the main antagonist during the events of Hamel, was once known as Aren Haan and is Ara's older brother.
- Ara is the only character that does not speak her skill names in English when using skills. Instead, she says various phrases in the language of the server you are on (except Indonesia).
- Ara is the first character to have a different color outline or show of motion when attacking (Her outline is yellow, while all the other characters' outlines are blue).
- Ara's design is influenced by Eastern culture and religion. This makes her job names to be written in Chinese in the Korean server.
- Ara's base job name; 小侠(Little Xia), means is a person who is young and brave/chivalrous in English.
- Interestingly, her base and 1st class portrays her as having 8 tails in her Celestial Fox form, while her 2nd classes portray her having 7.
- Ara can be very clumsy and often makes mistakes.
- Like Aisha, she's afraid of insects.
- She seems to be bad at dancing.
- In Chung's item description for Crayon Pop avatar (8/29/13) it says, "Ara! That's not how you dance!" while Ara's avatar description says "T..This dance is too hard. But I won't give up!"
- This may be a result of clumsiness as one art shows her accidentally hitting Elsword with her spear's pole part.
- Ara wrote the skill note Shadow Spear Technique and True Moonlight Slash.
- Eun wrote the skill note Enhanced Self-Respect.
|South Korea||아라 한||Ara Haan|
|Taiwan & Hong Kong (Traditional Chinese)||艾拉 · 韩|| Ara Haan
|China (Simplified Chinese)||艾拉 · 韩||Ara Haan|