Lord of Pain Valak
|Language:||English • español • Bahasa Indonesia • ไทย • 中文（简体）|
"I will make you feel pain! You are only worthy to say my name when you have defeated me."
Lord of Pain Valak
Valak roamed around Velder in his heavy armor. In fact, we don't think he takes it off when he showers. He believed everyone was jealous of his powers and keeps it on in order to protect himself if he's ever ambushed. The demon that bonded into the armor has taken over his true personality. His armor can be damaged but his claw can still tear enemies apart.
One day, he encountered Edan in the forest and they fought day and night. No one dared enter the forest until the clashing sound of swords stopped. Now... there is a search party looking for Colonel Edan.
Valak has access to all of the Reckless Fist combos with the following modifications:
- Reckless Fist's ZZZX will launch the enemy and cause Wound.
Class: Reckless Fist
|Painkiller||Kill Lord of Pain Valak (Reckless Fist Epic NPC) once in PVP||Kill Valak 60 times in PVP|| Reduced Damage +10%|
Damage increased by 1.5 times to enemies in down state (Dungeon)
5% chance to gain 7 MP when hit
Valak's passive "Scar of Pain" makes him a huge threat. Compounded to that, he is able to roar, forcing you to stay within his range. Catch him or die.
Valak's skills do not pose as much threat as his combos. He will spam Valkyrie's Javelin mindlessly even if you are on a platform below him. He also likes to use Charged Bolt, however due to its size it is likely you won't get the full damage as you are knocked out of it.
Avoid hitting Valak when he is in the air, he will always retaliate faster than you can react.
- *UPDATE* Sakra Devanam can catch both raven NPCs with her counter skill because it neither knocks up (Elsword classes) nor knocks down (Elesis Grand Master). Simply knock down using any move then use counter before they do their "x" get up attack.
- Valak was once the Royal Knight of Velder, under Noah's team.
- When fighting Spriggan, Valak was able to obtain Spriggan's armor. However, the armor was cursed, controlling Valak and leaving him in a state of extreme eternal pain.
- The cursed armor caused him to develop a hatred of the world, believing that everyone should ought to feel the same pain as him.
- His attacks, which can pierce all defenses, are called the "Scar of Pain". With this power, he became the Lord of Pain.
- Valak has a deep desire for a rematch with Edan, who were rivals prior to the two of them becoming cursed. Edan and Valak had agreed to fight, but Edan disappeared due to the curse of his sword. Valak has a desire to find his old friend to continue the battle.
- He joins the arena to fight Edan, who agrees to meet him there.
- The Evil Tracer Ice burner set (Raven), is the outfit Valak wears, though the weapon is modified, along with recolored Archdevil wings that are in their "open" state.
- As of recent patches, Valak's modified weapon has reverted into that of a normal Evil Tracer Blade (Raven).
- With a full Mysterious Aspirations set. Mysterious Aspirations of Monarch Valak can be randomly summoned in dungeons and fields while attacking. When summoned, he will say Nuclear and do one of five possible attacks:
|Shutdown! (Titles)||Valak will be summoned to drop a rock, dealing minimal damage.|
|Failed Nuclear||Valak will be summoned to drop a Nuclear Missile in front of him, but the missile will not detonate, dealing minimal damage.|
|Nuclear||Valak will be summoned to drop a Nuclear Missile in front of him, creating a mushroom cloud to damage all surrounding enemies.|
|Heaven's Fist - Pressure||Valak will be summoned to drop Bizarre Conrad's Heaven's Fist, which will flatten enemies.|
|Artillery Strike - Quantum Ballista||Valak will be summoned to drop a Quantum Ballista to deal high damage to all surrounding enemies. The missile will have a tendency to fall through the floor.|
|Japan||苦痛の君主 バラック||Monarch of Pain Valak|
|China (Simplified Chinese)||痛苦的君主 巴拉克||Monarch of Pain Valak|
|Spain||Balzac, El Príncipe del Dolor||Balzac/Valak, The Prince of Pain|
|Event Epic NPCs|