(Redirected from Descent Spear)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|[Special Active: Strength] Summon a magic spear that follows you around. Except while being hit, press the skill key again at a later time to fire it forward.|
|Switching Skill (Lu)
|Final Enhanced Skill
|Level Required||Damage (Magical)||Max Hits||Spear's Descent||MP Usage||CP Gain||Cooldown|
|Ground Impact||Explosion||Ground Impact||Explosion||Size / Damage Increase||Max Stacks||Duration|
|50||1242%||257%||1||16||5%||5||30 Seconds||200 MP||4 CP||15 Seconds|
|Level Required||Damage (Magical)|
|Light Spear's Descent||Empowered Spear's Descent|
|Attribute Effect||MP Usage||Attribute Effect|
|MP Usage decreased to 80%||160 MP||Damage increased to 120%|
|PvE||6,418% ~ 8,022.5%||7,701.6% ~ 9,627%|
|PvP||2,548% ~ 3,185%||3,057.6% ~ 3,822%|
- Damage ranges from 0 to 5 stacks.
|Nobility||Noblesse Oblige||Innocent Duet|
Tips and Details
- The spear itself has no hitbox whatsoever, and will simply fly through any enemies harmlessly until it hits the ground or a platform.
- The spear can be fired at any time, be it while in mid-air, while casting another skill, or even while it is still forming during its own casting animation.
- The skill will gain CP upon being fired and dealing damage as long as it was initially cast from Ciel, like any other Lu Switching Skill, even if fired while on Lu. This allows it to grant you CP mid-Combination Skill, allowing you to more quickly chain another Combination Skill after.
- After the 10/24/2019 KR patch, the skill was glitched in that it would only grant CP if the spear was launched during its own casting animation, which is currently still the case on the NA client. This was fixed during the 01/30/2020 KR patch.
- The CP gain does not persist between loading screens however, so using it while waiting for a loading screen to start is only useful if you want to use it for damage in the next room, rather than CP gain.
- The spear checks for platforms the moment it is fired. As it floats roughly a platform above and behind you, it can often get stuck on the platform above you instead.
- This can be mitigated by firing it immediately upon cast, while it is still low enough to not hit the platform above.
- It will also ignore walls, causing the skill to miss entirely if used near them as it flies through, exploding outside the map.
- The explosion can reach up to 2 platforms high normally. After increasing its size 4 times however, it will just barely reach up to 3 platforms high.
- The explosion's horizontal range is roughly the size of the lower blue ring effect that appears around the star symbol on impact, making it rather small even at its largest size.
- The pulling effect at maximum size is incredibly tiny, and can hardly be noticed at all outside of enemies hit by the spear's impact, merely pulling them closer to the center.
- The skill can serve a similar purpose to Flick Shot for Lu with the Light Trait, allowing it to grant you 4 CP for 160 MP, which can prove quite helpful as MP is harder to come by on Lu than Ciel, thanks to Soul Extortion.
- The skill is visually identical to that of Sefirot Phantasma, this path's second Hyper Active skill, albeit much smaller and using a normal Soul Spear instead.