|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • polski • português do Brasil • русский • 中文（简体）|
- 1 How are Pets Obtained?
- 2 Starting Your Pet
- 3 Pet Menu Interface
- 4 Pet Evolution
- 5 List of Pets
- 5.1 Ancient Phoru
- 5.2 Bodyguard
- 5.3 Dusk and Dawn
- 5.4 Eater
- 5.5 Grim Reaper
- 5.6 Halloween Fairy
- 5.7 Hatchling
- 5.8 HAT'S ON
- 5.9 Hedgehog
- 5.10 Kumiho
- 5.11 Marionette
- 5.12 Mellow
- 5.13 Mystic
- 5.14 Panda
- 5.15 Phoru
- 5.16 Rabbit
- 5.17 Raincoat Cat
- 5.18 Sgt. Frog
- 5.19 Sheriff
- 5.20 Teddy Bear
- 5.21 Tree Knight
- 5.22 Unicorn
- 5.23 Wolf
- 5.24 Other
- 6 Pet Skills
- 7 Feeding
- 8 Pet Inventory
- 9 Pet Commands
- 10 Pet Growth
- 11 Related Items
- 12 Trivia
- 13 Updates
Pets are obtained through multiple ways. However, only one (Pocket Phoru) is available through a Story Quest, some are cash exclusive while some are obtained through Events.
Your first step towards getting a pet is a Wild Pocket Phoru, which is a 3-Step quest that you obtain at level 10. The quest comes up as a Story Quest in Chapter 2.
- Enter Shadow Forest
- Investigate the Cause of Corruption (Shadow Forest)
- Branch of Corrupted Ent (Enraged Ent, Shadow Forest)
Congratulations! You have obtained a Wild Pocket Phoru!
Once you get your pet, it will be available under the Special tab in your inventory.
Right click it and a message will come up.
Once you name him/her, your pet is ready to begin!
- You can change your pet's name by purchasing the Pet Nickname Change Card at the Item Mall.
Once you made your pet, go to the pet menu (Press P to open it) and choose your pet in the list.
It should direct you to this screen:
- Clicking Summon will either summon the pet, or unsummon while it is out.
- The Green Bar is its Hunger, which will slowly decrease for each monster killed.
- The Blue bar under it is its Affinity.
- During dungeon playing, your pet's Affinity will increase for each monster killed, unless your pet hunger is below 60%.
- If its hunger is below 40%, its affinity will decrease.
Pets usually have four forms. The forms are termed:
- Life Crystal
Pets usually start as a crystal, having no skills or functions until they become an Infant.
In order to evolve your pet, you will need to increase its Affinity. Once the pet's Affinity reaches 100%, a button will be available next to the Affinity bar, evolving your pet into the next appropriate form.
List of Pets
With the pet skills, pets will also get access to a skill system called Pet's Energy.
Pet Energy is a passive skill that pets gain that allows the owner to get special effects out of it.
Each Pet has 4 types of Energy :
Each type of energy gives a different type of stat(Except for Fetch). You can notice the pet energy and what it gives through the Pet Menu itself (Default Hotkey P)
There is a prerequisite in the pet's form to unlock each energy:
- Getting Infant form will allow your pet to unlock the Body energy
- Getting Teen form will allow your pet to unlock Body and Soul energy
- Getting Adult form will allow your pet to unlock Body, Soul and Attitude Energy (All 3 energies)
Once the pet energy is unlock, you immediately get access to the stat if he is equipped and has at least 40% Hunger(Except for Fetch). If his Hunger is less than 40%, the pet energy will not open and the owner will not receive the special stats. As you can see from the above screenshot. Once a pet leaves crystal form, he will gain access to skills that you can see from the 2 icons on his top right. Both skills are used by the pet automatically.
If hits required are met and the pet has enough MP, it will use its attack skill to aid you in battle.
Pet's MPs are a separate MP bar that fills up whenever the player hits or gets hit.
When in "Special Mode" the damage of the skill increases.
|X ≥ 70||10% + (X - 70)%|
If you are extremely low on health, the pet will encourage the user to fight harder, granting additional stats and HP and MP regeneration for a certain amount of time. Encouragement is disabled when the pet's hunger is below 40%.
|Pet Stage||Attack / Movement Speed Increase||Critical Hit Rate Increase||Max HP Increase||HP Recovery per Second||MP Recovery per Second|
|Infant||5%||6%||20%||0.5% HP||6 MP|
|Teen||10%||12%||30%||1% HP||12 MP|
|Adult||15%||18%||40%||1.5% HP||18 MP|
The effect of Encouragement can also increase if your pet has high affinity. This affinity bonus is multiplicative.
|Affinity||Affinity Bonus Multiplier|
|0 ≤ X＜70||×1|
|70 ≤ X＜80||×1.1|
|80 ≤ X＜90||×1.2|
|90 ≤ X＜100||×1.3|
|X = 100||×1.4|
Encouragement Stat Formula
The increase in speed and Critical Hit Rate are multiplicative with your current stats. As a result, the formula for calculating your stats while Encouragement is in effect is
Stat = S × (1 + E) × ABM
- S = Base Stat (Attack/Movement Speed or Critical Hit Rate)
- E = Increase (the increase based on the pet's stage)
- ABM = Affinity Bonus Multiplier
Table of Pet Skills
Encouragement, Special Encouragement and Fetch Aura effects are all the same regardless of pet.
To prevent your pet from becoming hungry, you will need to feed him/her. The feeding option is available in your inventory.
Pets accept the following foods:
- El Tree Seeds (Obtained through events)
- El Tree Fruit (Obtained through the Item Mall/Cash Shop)
- QPL Jellies
- Mysterious Weeds (obtained through the Hatchling event)
- Pets will accept equipment of any level, although the amount of hunger replenished decreases based on the level difference between your character and the equipment.
- The better the equipment, the greater the hunger replenishment. Weapons replenish their hunger much greater than regular armor.
- Once the pet's Affinity is over 70%, your pet will enter a state called "Special Mode" It can be identified by the prefix Special on the pet's name once he enters that state.
- During Special mode, the pet will only accept El Tree Seeds or El Tree Fruits and will no longer accept any equipment until it reaches its next level.
- If you would like to remove "Special Mode", just simply not feed your pet until his Hunger is low, which results on your pet's Affinity to lower.
- Once your pet's Affinity is below 70%, your pet will not be in "Special Mode" anymore, though you can obtain it again anytime you wish.
You are also allowed to make weapon-shaped "QPL Jellies" that are tasty treats for your pet. The process of making a QPL Jelly is simple, and only basic materials are needed.
- However, like normal food, pets will not accept QPL Jellies when they reach their "Special State".
El-Gems are obtained from Blacksmiths in any map.
Exchange QPL Jellies will give you a chance of creating either a Fantastic or a Strange one.
- Fantastic QPL Jellies (Red Background) are Elite and adds an additional 2% Affinity when fed to your pet.
- Strange QPL Jellies (Dark Background) are of Low Grade Rarity and decreases 5% Affinity when fed to your pet.
Pets have an inventory on their own which you can store on at all times. You can access it by pressing the pet button in your inventory menu. However, your pet must be an Infant or older to have their own pet inventory. The higher the level of your pet, the more inventory spaces you will have.
Accordingly, you can add items on the pet inventory which you can save later on to feed him or enable automatic feeding to let him eat it automatically.
The checkbox on the top enables Automatic Feeding.
When your pet's Hunger is lower than 80%, he will automatically eat the items available in his inventory. The sequence of order that he will eat is on this order:
- Level of Equipment (Least to Greatest)
- El Tree Seeds
- El Tree Fruits
Pet Inventory can be also used for storing items that the pet cannot eat.
In addition to your pet's Skills and Energies, another system has been added to allow more interaction between you and your pet.
You can also talk with your pet, to have a fun time with him/her, and the pet will interact or respond to you based on what you say.
Your pet's Affinity will also affect on how he/she will respond to you.
Here's a following list of commands you can type to your pet that he/she will respond on:
Hey! Howdy! Hi! Hello! Sit! Wait! Rest! Stand! GetUp! StandUp! LetsGo! ComeHere! GetGet! Goofy! Silly! Smack! Stop! Angry! Playful! NapTime! SleepyTime! Zzz! ILoveYou! ILikeYou! GoodJob!
哦嗨唷! 你好! 嗨! 坐下! 等等! 休息! 站! 起來! 站起來! 跟著我! 過來! 撒嬌! 可愛! 打打! 不行! 罵你哦! 調皮哦! 睡覺! 晚安! 喔喔困! 愛你唷! 喜歡你! 乖乖!
인사! 안녕! 하이! 헬로! 앉아! 기다려! 쉬어! 서! 일어나! 일어서! 따라와! 이리와! 킴온! 애교! 이쁜짓! 때찌! 하지마! 혼난다! 끼분다! 자자! 잘자! 코자자! 사랑해! 좋아해 착하지!
4/25/2019 Pet System has been revamped in Korean server. Personality System has been replaced with Growth System. Users that had personality points already invested before, received a bunch of Growth points.
The new Pet System's purpose is to be clearer and easier to understand.
Growth points can be invested in additional effects for the pet:
- Cheer decreases Encouragement cooldown.
- Patience increases Encouragement duration.
- Mastery increases pet skill's damage.
- Focus decreases MP cost of the pet skill.
You can acquire Growth points by either feeding your pet or Refilling Nutrition. While everything else provides 1 Growth point, El Tree Fruit provides 3 Growth points. You can only gain a maximum of 216 points per every 72 hours by Refilling Nutrition because the pet must digest the food. You can extend pet digesting time if it is lower than 71 hours.
|Image||Item Name||How to Obtain||Effect|
|El Tree Seed||Trade from Ariel/Stella.||Item for feeding.|
|El Tree Fruit||Trade from Stella./Purchase from the Item Mall.||Item for feeding.|
|Strange El Tree Seed||Obtainable from weekly Guild missions.||Item for feeding. Decrease your pet's affinity by 10%.|
|Pet Nickname Change Card||Purchase from the Item Mall.||Able to change your pet's name.|
|Fetch Aura||Purchase from the Item Mall./Open Fetch Aura Box.||Unlock Fetch for that specific pet.|
|Pet Toy||Open Pet Toy (30 Days) Cube||Affinity increase speed doubled. Affinity decrease speed halved.|
|Pet Personality Reset Food (Sensible, Impulsive) (Can't be used anymore)||Purchase from the Item Mall.||Upon use, reset both Sensible and Impulsive personality stats.|
|Pet Personality Reset Food (Sociable, Shy) (Can't be used anymore)||Purchase from the Item Mall.||Upon use, reset both Sociable and Shy personality stats.|
|Pet Auto Consume Quick Slot Expansion||Purchase from the Item Mall.||Expands the pet's quick slot. You can put consumable items in Pet's quick slots.|
|Pet Random Cube||Reward from some events.||Randomly get one of the Life Crystals.|
|Mysterious Weeds||Reward from some events.||Item for feeding.|
|Growth Fruit (Teen)||Reward from some events.||Change your infant pet to teen stage.|
|Growth Fruit (Adult)||Reward from some events.||Change your teen pet to adult stage.|
|Pet Growth Fruit||Reward from some events.||Change your pet to adult stage with Fetch Aura.|
|Grail's Snack (Can't be used anymore)||Purchase from the Item Mall during some event.||Use this item to reset your pet's personality.|
|Potion of Youth||Purchase from the Item Mall during some events.||Use this on an adult stage pet to change it back into its infant form (ability remains the same as before use).|
Cannot be used on certain pets such as those that were acquired in adult form, pets that do not have infant and teen forms, Raincoat Cats, Goku, and Halloween Pumpkin Fairy - Tanya, Rael, Rosetta, Narnea.
|Potion of Time||Purchase from the Item Mall during some events.||Use this on a pet that consumed the "Potion of Youth" in order to turn it back into its adult form.|
|Pet Nutritional Supplement (Vitality) (Can't be used anymore)||Reward from some events.||Increase pet's extroversion by 0.2~0.3 figures.|
|Pet Nutritional Supplement (Concentration) (Can't be used anymore)||Reward from some events.||Increase pet's introversion by 0.2~0.3 figures.|
|Disposable Pet Whistle (Attack)||Reward from some events.||Consume all Pet MP and use Attack Skill if Pet MP is more than 50%. (Cooldown time: 1 minute)|
|Disposable Pet Whistle (Encouragement)||Reward from some events.||Consume all Pet MP and use Encouragement Skill if Pet MP is more than 50%. (Cooldown time: 1 minute)|
|Potion of Halloween Pumpkin Fairy||Purchase from the Item Mall during some events.||Randomly change the pet Halloween Pumpkin Fairy into another form.|
|Awakened Millennium Fox's Soul||Purchase from the Item Mall during some events.||Change the pet Millennium Fox into an Awakened Millennium Fox.|
- The first Growth Fruit was made by Solace and Gaia.
- While it was originally simply created as the baby stage of a Hedgehog pet based on the same monster from various Hamel dungeons, the Baby Hedgehog quickly became extremely popular among fans and has since eclipsed Phorus as the "mascot" monster of Elsword, with various merchandise to go along with it, including handbags, little statues, t-shirts and usbs.
- During the Elsword "Together Festival" event earlier this year, one of the KoG employees even paraded around the conference grounds in a large Baby Hedgehog suit, to the amusement of many of the visitors.