|This is one of the most challenging maps ever. There are many ways of catching Cutty Sark:
Just when Cutty Sark is about to swoop down (after he flies back a little), attack the levers on the ground to fire the huge harpoons installed in the battlefield to hit him. Hit him up to 4 times with the harpoons and Cutty Sark will fall to the battleground with lowered damage reduction and from there, you can skill/spam moves. Be careful as the harpoons launched can still damage you or your teammates.
- Cutty Sark will take over 3 times more damage than if you attack it in the sky, but it will regain its damage reduction as it begins preparing to take flight again.
- At the very start of the fight he will usually fly up and stop moving over the two center harpoons, at this point you can usually hit both the center harpoons and take him down right at the start before he can do anything.
- You can tell when he's stopped moving by looking at his 'icon' indicating where he is off screen.
- The first knockdown will always take a single harpoon, but successive attempts will take between 2~4 harpoons to bring him down again.
Elsword's "Parry" Active Skill can open Cutty Sark to combos when he swoops into the battlefield.
Skills like Binding Circle and the Light Element Petrifying can help give time for attacking.
For this boss, Over Taker's "Valkyrie's Javelin" is much stronger than its "Nuclear".
- Note that a great disadvantage of this method is that Cutty Sark takes 30% damage when it is in flight or recovering.
- Cutty Sark only takes full damage when freshly knocked down with a harpoon.
Go to the far right or left (depending on where Cutty Sark is) of the platform and wait for Cutty Sark to come underneath one of the harpoons. Once he is underneath one of them you run over to that harpoon and hit it. After the harpoon launches, you stay underneath Cutty Sark and see which way he is facing so that you will know which way he is going to attack (if he starts flying backwards while facing the left you just simply dash over to the right side to dodge his attack)
- Note that this could get difficult if Cutty Sark is flying between you and the harpoon (meaning that you can barely reach the harpoon to hit him in time before he gets ready for another attack)
Unfortunately lag destroys the ability to finish off Cutty quickly. If your party decides not to use the harpoons (or particularly aren't using them correctly), this is also covered by this method, albeit requiring a higher skill output than usual. Commence by luring Cutty down (should be automatic if your party cannot aim the arrows correctly for whatever reason), then proceed to wait until he lunges. Right at the moment he lunges, hit him. The safe approaches are "Armageddon Blade," "Maelstrom Rage," "Binding Circle"; any form of delay with a random hit (or can be used to stall enough for a person to hit Cutty). Now that Cutty is in one place, you'll have to rely entirely on using the highest damaging skills first so as to not be interrupted by random super armor activation, and to bypass the high damage reduction he has. With some luck, you can push him to a harpoon and proceed to demolish him.
- If the lag is high enough to deny you that, keep using skills. If he survives afterward (which he most likely will), proceed to use any air tactics if you can reach him, otherwise repeat this method.
- Not recommended to use any multi-hit moves, since during lag it still activates his super armor faster thanks to more hits registering on his hp bar slowly.