|Location||A burning village, Temple of Frozen Water, Halls of Water|
|Voice Actors||장민혁 Jang Min-Hyeok|
It has already been placed into the hands of the water priestess... Time is on my side.
The leader of the demons invading Hamel. He has captured the Water Priestess and has obtained the Water Seal from Avalanche.
Ran was once a demon serving under the Red-Demon Lord Stirbargen. Eventually, during the warring era of the Demon World, Ran betrayed his lord. Due to this betrayal, Stirbargen was sealed in the subspace of the Demon World.
The Demon Commander
Some time after Aren departure from Isshin, he sought to find something. However, in his search, he called upon a demon, one who would take his body. Aren, now trapped under the control of the demons, became the Demon Commander Ran.
As Ran, he returned to his once home village to take the Moon El for the demon army. His demon forces were powerful and the village Isshin burned to the ground. Ara did her best to defend her village but the oncoming demon forces forced her and the other Haans further back until Ara was the only one left. Hurrying to the sanctuary, she confronted Ran and Victor. Ran went off to search for the Moon El while Victor attacked Ara. Cornered and without any hope of surviving, the floor crumbled beneath her and she found herself in an ancient sanctuary and saw a shadow. Ara looked up and got a good look at the figure, only to realize that she was face to face with her brother Aren. Aren, now Ran, had little sympathy for his once sister and was ready to strike her down, but as he did so the remnants of Aren prevented him. The opening allowed Ara to fuse with Eun and was able to escape Isshin with her life. Ran successfully completed his mission in Fahrmann.
As he continued to search for the girl in his quest to rid her, therefore ridding one of the remaining grips for Aren, he ran into his Stirbargen. Ran states he did not recognize him at first given his new childish appearance, however claims he no longer has any loyalty to him. Stirbargen notices Ran appears to be proud of his betrayal but then states he no longer cares about his throne. He tells Ran of a bet he made with Eun, and that Ran is not to harm Ara in fear of his life as Stirbargen quickly surrounds him with spikes of demon energy. He tell him that he will make another bet once they all converge before parting ways.
Demon Invasion of Hamel
Under an allegiance with Scar, Ran's next course of action was to take the Water Priestess Sasha, the Water Seal from Hamel, and the Senace Principality. The demon invasion in Hamel set much of the country in ruins except the capital city of Hamel. Ran attacked the Temple of Frozen Water and corrupted the Priest Avalanche. Ran was able to successfully captured Sasha, but his duty had not been complete. Despite having the Water Priestess in captivity, he still required the Water Seal. Ran persuaded the Duke of Hamel Rod Ross by promising unimaginable power if he were to aid him in corrupting Hamel's White Colossus Helputt and retrieving the Water Seal.
Chapter 13: Secrets of the Temple
In the El Search Party's quest to aid Rod Ross and obtain the Water Seal, they discovered that Avalanche had been hiding the sacred artifact in his scepter. After hearing this, Ran struck Avalanche, killing him and took the Water Seal for himself. After the El Search Party found Ran at the end of the Halls of Water, Ran had already finished his job. Chung fought Ran but Ara finally caught up with her brother and defended him. Using this opportunity, Ran fled away from Hamel and made his way to Sander, where he informed Karis to embark on her plans.
Ran will appear in Halls of Water as the dungeon's main boss.
- Dark Sword Combo: Ran slashes with his sword twice, then uses his shadow arm to attack and launch you into the air. He can cancel this attack on his own after the first two strikes.
- Black Fire Claw: Ran will materialize a shadow arm and use it to slash you. He will use this move when he is knocked down or when you are more than a certain distance away from him. He will always target the player furthest away from him with this attack.
- Shadow Clone: If you try to distance yourself from Ran, he will create a clone of himself next to you and attack. He will always target the player furthest away from him with this attack.
- He can still use this move even if you stay close to him, however he will use it less.
- Aerial Black Fire Claw: Ran will ascend to the air and will move left or right of the stage for a small distance. He will use Black Fire Claw to swipe anyone that is close to him as he descends.
- Black Flame Burst: Ran will swing his sword and unleash a trail of black fire towards you. Includes freeze frames. He will only use this after his second awakening.
- Black Destiny: Ran will unleash several slashes against you, each followed by a rapid burst of black fire, and finishes his string of attacks with an eruption of dark energy. Includes freeze frames. He will only use this after his second awakening.
- Reverse Gravity: A spell circle will appear under Ran. Any player caught within the circle will slowly rise into the air and will be vulnerable for his next attack, where he releases a shock wave from the ground. He will use this whenever he is awakening after his HP is depleted. He will only use this regularly after his first awakening, his second awakening will almost double its area of effect. This attack will abruptly cancel many special actives used within its area of effect.
- Awakening I: Dark Enhancement: After depleting about 1/4 of Ran's health, he will enhance his sword with darkness. Afterwards, his attacks will then inflict Curse on you. All claw related attacks become larger and more damaging.
- Awakening II: Fire Enhancement: After depleting about 1/2 of Ran's health, he will enhance his sword with fire. Afterwards, his attacks will then inflict Burn on you. All claw related attacks become even larger and more damaging.
- Has a stoic threshold of 20 hits.
- Many of his dark and fire enhanced attacks still continue even if he is interrupted by an attack.
- When awakened his sword will glow whenever he is about to use a skill, which can be used to predict his attacks.
Ran as seen in Elsword: El Lady
- When humans turn into half-demons, it is shown that their hair turns white and horns will grow on their head. Ran's hair was originally black.
- Canonically, Ran's sclera are white, as seen in his artwork, Ara's tutorial and the webcomic Shadow of the Silver Moon.
- Both his ingame model and the anime depicts him with black sclera however.
- Oddly, in Ara's tutorial, artwork of Ran also depicts him without horns. This is not reflected in the ingame model also present in her tutorial.
- Ran wrote the skill note Binding Shadows, Shadow Spear Technique, True Moonlight Slash, and Restraint Energy Management.
|Germany||Graf Belmez||Count Belmez|
|Spain||Conde Belmey||Count Belmez|
|France||Comte Belmez||Count Belmez|