Until I face my brother again... I cannot give up!
[The daughter of the Haan Family in Northern Fluone]
- Main Article: Eun's Power
Ara also has a unique trait that separates her from the others; the "Energy" she uses, which can be used as a substitute for MP. Ara has a special 3rd bead awakening, where she becomes possessed by the Nine Tailed Fox; Eun, entering Eun Mode which changes her appearance and provide a unique Self BuffEun's PowerSelf BuffEun's Power buff.
- Main Article: Burning Village
- In-game Version
- Nexon Version
Ara Haan was born to a martial arts family in the Northern Empire.
Her brother Aren gets possessed by a demon and ends up destroying his own village and family as 'Ran' while looking for the 'Moon El'.
With the help of Eun, a divine fox that was sealed within her family's ancestral shrine, Ara embarks on a journey to return her brother back to his original state.
창의 긴 사거리를 이용한 넓은 범위를 가진 근접 공격. 허공을 밟거나 기력을 이용하는 화려한 무술이 특징이다. 예의 바르고 성실하다. 항상 옳은 길을 찾기 위해 무엇이든 열심히 하려 애쓴다.
플루오네 대륙 북부 제국의 무인 집안인 '한' 가문의 자제. 어느 날 본국의 수도 수비대장으로 있던 친오빠 '아렌'이 침략한 마족에 의해 마족화 되어버리고, 란'이라는 이름으로 마을에 돌아와 '달의 엘'을 거둬가며 마을과 가족을 해치게 된다. 마을의 몰락과 함께 '신수를 지키는 무인집안'이라는 가문의 실체를 알게 되고 우연히 신령스런 여우를 봉인해 둔 제단에서 봉인된 구미호 '은'을 만나 그녀의 혼을 일부 해방시키게 된 아라. 하지만 구미호는 강한 주술이 담긴 비녀에 갇혀 육체를 현실화 하지 못하는 상황... 자신의 봉인을 완전히 풀 방법을 찾고자 소녀에게 힘을 빌려줄 것을 약속하는 은과 함께 아라는 아렌을 원래의 모습으로 되돌리고자 함께 여행을 시작한다.
First Class Advancement
Ara is required to be Lv 15 to begin her first class advancement. You can decide between the following:
A martial artist who controls the flow of Qi, utilizing a technique using energy that is strong at mid-range.
A martial artist that specializes in the illusive shadow techniques borrowed from the Millennium Fox Eun.
A class that connects with the holy beasts to utilize their various powers to attack enemies or support allies.
- Skill Traits unlocked at Level 20.
- Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 1st job class.
|Ara stabs an opponent with her spear, then pulls her spear out. She will then perform Wolf Stance 1, thrusting her spear forwards twice quickly before swiping her spear, launching enemies forward. The combo can be repeated on its own as Ara will immediately be able to attack again after the final hit.|
|Ara stabs an opponent with her spear, then pulls her spear out. She will finish by smashing the group launching her back and launching opponent upwards.|
|Ara stabs an opponent with her spear, then pulls her spear out. She will then perform Wolf Stance 1, thrusting her spear forwards twice quickly before charging up while in Super Armor and unleashing a final powerful stab which slightly lifts opponents.|
|She swipes her spear around her twice then transitions to a series of spinning strikes which will finish by knocking down opponents.
|She swipes her spear around her twice before performing a stab pull with her spear then leaping forwards with Dragon Stance 1, slamming the ground in front. The combo can be repeated on its own as Ara will immediately be able to attack again after the final hit.|
|Single jump upper-swing that staggers targets.|
|Single jump uppercut that knocks targets up.|
|Jump up once more while in midair.|
|While in the air begin to run in midair. Continuing to hold the arrow key will have Ara continue to run on the air while gradually descending. Same thing occurs when holding / while dashing off a platform.|
|Perform Wolf Stance 1 while dashing, thrusting twice in front quickly, before charging up while in Super Armor and unleashing a final powerful stab which slightly lifts opponents.|
|Leap forwards and perform Dragon Stance 1, slamming the ground with her spear.|
|After jumping in the air, perform two large upward slashes with her spear and finish is off by swinging her spear downwards spiking enemies down.|
|While in the air, stab the target and pull herself behind targets.|
|While dash jumping, pressing up again will have Ara perform front flip which propels her forwards. She will remain in dash jump state afterwards.|
|Recovery /||Slash back and forth with her spear.|
- KR trailer by 'KOG'
- NA trailer by 'Kill3rCombo'
- Cosplay Reveal by 'KOG'
- Combo Tutorial by 'ANDT01345'
- Full Gallery: Ara/Gallery
- Ara's job path in Lore/Story would be the Apsara path.
- Ara's official theme song is Changing Colors.
- Ara encounters the main cast after the Halls of Water story quest Rescuing the Water Priestess and formally joins the group after the Hamel story quest El Lady and the Prophecy along with Chung and Add. Prior to joining the main cast, all dungeons will re-use one of 3 generic dungeon clear lines.
- Prior to the early game Epic Quest rework, Ara would appear in the Feita and Velder CGI clear cutscenes, though this was never referenced in the Epic Quest dialogue.
- Her animated class videos depict her attaining 1st and 2nd job in Northern Empire prior to departing for Hamel despite not being a playable segment in game.
- Eun is based off the nine-tailed fox, a species of creature depicted in the Shan Hai Jing as having the voice of a human infant. It can be eaten by humans, and those who eat it will be protected from evil.
- While Eun's seal is supposedly the entirety of the white fox-shaped hairpin, further job advancements show that it is actually the small orange gem embedded in it that is Eun's real seal, being the only consistent object part of each path's hair decorations.
- Ara's full name, Ara Haan, was probably based on the term "Arhat" (or "Arahant"), from the Buddhism, that means: "one who is worthy", "a perfected person who has attained nirvana".
- Ara is from Fahrmann, in the Northern Xin Empire. This region has not currently been explored during the main story with the exception of the Raid Fahrmann's Peak and Ara's tutorial Burning Village.
- While the region itself is called Fahrmann, Ara comes specifically from the village of Isshin, which is known for housing the Moon El as well as the sacred beast hairpin Eun.
- Ran, the main antagonist during the events of Hamel, was once known as Aren Haan and is Ara's older brother.
- Ara is the only character that does not speak her skill names in English when using skills. Instead, she says various phrases in the language of the server you are on.
- Ara is the first character to have a different color outline when attacking. Her outline is yellow, while all prior characters' outlines are blue.
- Ara's design is influenced by Eastern culture and religion. This makes her job names to be written in Chinese on the Korean server.
- All of Ara's job names are direct transcriptions from Chinese to Hangul, which in most cases, due to the religious ties between the two languages, means the Korean name has the exact same meaning as the Chinese name and are pronounced almost the same. In other cases, however, such as Devi, the Korean might not mean anything outright, with the name's origin solely coming from the given Chinese name.
- Ara's base job quest name; 小侠 (Little Xia), means a person who is young and brave/chivalrous in English.
- In the Chinese version of Hall of El (Trial), Ara mentioned if she wouldn't save Elsword, she would 'lose her duty to being a martial arts master'. In ancient China, '侠' (Xia) is used to describe people who save others by using their abilities, especially martial arts.
- While not mentioned in-game, the martial art that Ara practices uses Qigong as its base, the act of using ones own "Chi" or life energy (which is what her system is based on) to meditate and calm the mind. Many aspects of the practice can be seen in various skills in all paths, such as the various animal motifs for her secret arts. Each of her advancements approach the concept in different ways:
- Apsara focuses more on her martial prowess, using Qigong only when the situation demands it, as seen through her plethora of 10 Energy cost skills, with little other skills consuming her Energy.
- Devi masters Qigong to continuously cycle her life energy, using and restoring it at equal pace, as seen through most of her skills consuming large amounts of energy but also recovering a lot when converted, with multiple passives directly referring to Chi itself (rather than the usual in-game term of "Energy").
- Shakti forgoes training her Qigong due to her reliance on Eun's powers, resulting in the system taking a more passive approach, with most skills being usable regardless of how much Energy is available.
- Likewise, Surya focuses largely on aiding the various spirits of holy beasts she encounters, drawing on their power instead of her own Energy, using it exclusively to help those around her.
- Ara and Elesis are the only characters to utilize their pre-renewal portraits as their Epic Quest portraits.
- Ara is depicted as being a bit of an airhead, being very clumsy and often making mistakes while being bad at dancing. Like Aisha, she's also afraid of insects.
- Ara wrote the skill note Shadow Spear Technique and True Moonlight Slash.
- Eun wrote the skill note Enhanced Self-Respect.
- Same with several other characters, Ara shared her canon birthday with her release date in the Korean server.
- The side story My Brother & I 2 looks into Ara's family history.
- Ara is currently the only playable character to be depicted as being explicitly left-handed in combat.
Prior to joining the El search PartyGeneric Clear Lines
- Ara: Hoo...the training is complete!! I hope I didn't make any mistakes.
- Ara: Hmm... But my martial arts skills are not enough to rescue my brother...
I need to train harder!!
- Ara: With Eun's Blessing, I am confident it will lead me to him!!
|Taiwan (Traditional Chinese)||艾拉
|China (Simplified Chinese)||艾拉
艾拉 · 韩