Gates of Darkness
|Language:||English • Deutsch • italiano|
- 1 Gates of Darkness (S3)
- 2 Entering The Dungeons
- 3 Objective
- 4 Gameplay
- 5 Bosses
- 6 Ally Summons
- 7 Rewards
- 8 Buff/Debuff
- 9 Differences between NA and KR
- 10 Music
- 11 Videos
- 12 Trivia
Gates of Darkness (S3)
In the season 3 version of Gates of Darkness, the Dark Bone Dragon is no longer there. Instead, there will be 2 towers, one for your team and one for the demons. Monsters will spawn from the demon gate and now includes 3 boss monsters. You can also summon monsters from your tower. There is however only Normal Mode for this Revamp.
Entering The Dungeons
In any time of the day, after defeating a boss of any dungeon from Feita onwards, there will be a random chance where an orb of darkness will appear, sucking in your party into the Gates of Darkness field.
After the 25/4/2013 patch, when the orb of darkness is broken, there will be a pop up, asking you if you want to continue on into the Gates of Darkness as shown below. If you press yes, only those who pressed yes will go into Gates of Darkness. People who choose no will be separated from the party. You are only given 3 seconds to decide. Failing to press anything will result in you pressing yes by default.
During KR time (GMT +9:00):
- 13:00 to 14:00
- 19:30 to 20:30
- 22:00 to 23:00
- The chance to enter the Gates of Darkness field will be increase to about 90 - 100%. (If you play party or play a dungeon with difference of 10 levels)
Your objective of the new Gates of Darkness is to break down the demon's Tower. The demon's Tower have a lifespan of 20 Health bars and the structure of the Tower will break down after every 7 bars of Health taken away. The stage is completed with the Tower is totally destroyed.
NOTE THAT WHEN YOU REACH A CERTAIN RANGE NEAR THE DEMON TOWER, YOU WILL RECEIVE A SCYTHE DEBUFF WHICH WILL RAPIDLY DEPLETE YOUR HP AND MP. YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE COVERED IN PURPLE(Similar to Curse debuff) WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE SCYTHE DEBUFF. IT IS RECOMMENDED TO STAY AWAY FROM THE DEMON TOWER UNTIL THE LAST BOSS.
In this field, you are unable to use your own potions and food. Instead, it will be replaced with monster summoning icons.
As in the picture shown,
- Buttons: 1, 2, and 3 will summon basic units from your base. The monsters have 3 stages and will change into a higher level set once a new ally boss is spawned.
(Example: Lv1 Boss will spawn Lv1 monsters set. When Lv2 boss is spawned, the set will change to the Lv2 monsters set. The same applies to Lv3 monsters.) All three buttons share the same cooldown of 15 seconds, so choose the units that fit the situation at hand.
- Button 4 can be one of two things, depending on your gear. If you are not wearing a(n Ancient) Wyvern's Claw it will be a limitless supply of Advanced Mana Potions (Recover 150 MP, cooldown 60 seconds, increased MP recovery based on the guild skill Alchemy Specialist or the passive skill Metabolism Boost). If you are wearing one of the Claws, it will be a special monster that is much stronger than the regular units available from buttons 1, 2, and 3. This monster also has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
After some time into the game, your Tower will also summon some boss monsters to aid you in battle. Likewise, the demon's Tower will also spawn regular and boss monsters.
In case your party is incomplete, meaning only having 1/2/3 people in the party, Epic NPC's will spawn to aid you against the demons.
- In a party of 3: only El Search Captain Lowe will spawn.
- In a party of 2: El Search Captain Lowe will spawn first, followed by Green Forest Ranger Lime.
- In a party of only 1 person: El Search Captain Lowe will spawn first, followed by Green Forest Ranger Lime, and lastly Red Cross Guard Penensio.
For bosses there are 3 types of bosses: Lv1, Lv2 and Lv3.
The sequence the bosses will spawn is after a Lv1 boss is defeated, a random Lv2 boss will spawn from the tower. This applies to both allies and demons bosses.
Each Lv has a different new attack that is different from regular dungeon bosses.
When your character is near allies bosses, you will be able to regenerate HP. (Roughly 1% per second)
|Monster Image||Monster Name||Special Attacks||Normal Attack Damage||Special Attacks Damage|
| Demon Barud Lv1
(NA: Cold Snap Berthe)
|Able to shoot a laser. Will inflict Frostbite.||5175||7762|
| Demon Barud Lv2
(NA: Frozen Claw Berthe)
|Able to shoot a laser. Will inflict Frostbite, but with a longer duration.||8650||12975|
| Demon Barud Lv3
(NA: Deep Abyss Berthe)
|Able to shoot a laser. Will freeze targets that are hit.|
| Demon Dullahan Knight Lv1
(NA: Soul Knight Durahan)
|Able to summon a wave of 4 swords from the ground.||5175||2587|
| Demon Dullahan Knight Lv2
(NA: Demon Knight Durahan)
|Able to summon a wave of 6 swords from the ground.||8650||4325|
| Demon Dullahan Knight Lv3
(NA: Blue Flame Durahan)
|Able to summon a wave of 8 swords from the ground.||13015||6507|
| Demon Shadow Master Lv1
(NA: Shadow Master)
|Able to throw a shadow grenade. The shadow grenade will bounce forward and cause damage when touched.||10350||10350|
| Demon Shadow Master Lv2
(NA: Abyss Shadow Master)
|Able to create a shadow of himself that will push targets back. Will inflict burn.||17300||23009|
| Demon Shadow Master Lv3
(NA: Destruction Shadow Master)
|Able to call forth a shadow meteorite shower that will push targets back. Will inflict burn.||26031||6507|
- These are the possible summons while in Gates of Darkness assigned to buttons 1, 2, and 3
- No two monsters of the same role can be in one set of three.
- The 'Defense' stat determines the amount of HP. None of the summons or monsters have defense.
- Special Summons are available for only those who have a(n Ancient) Wyvern Claw equipped.
* Damage in ( ) will be done on monsters that have long range, fly, or self-destruct
The following items can only be obtained from playing in this dungeon.
While playing in this dungeon, you can obtain materials to craft the Wyvern accessories and materials to even upgrade them. These accessories can be crafted at any Accessory merchants in town. At the merchant, it will only show the basic form of the accessory. When you craft it, there's a chance of getting the Darkened version (beige-colored item name, unique version) or the regular version(purple-colored item name, elite version).
- Note that all stats you get from crafting are RANDOM, so you may not get the stats you want.
- Also note that the set effects are applicable IF you are using 2013 version of the accessory. You can mix and match with Season 2 accessories. (In NA, you are cannot mix and match Season 2's accessories to obtain Season 3's Set Effects.)
Potions and Elixirs
While playing in this dungeon, you can obtain materials to craft special Potions. These are powerful potions of the Ancient Gods that can grant various effects, such as increasing your damage output or give you passive abilities. These can be crafted at any Alchemist NPCs in town. Note: Season 2 potions are no longer able to be crafted.
- These potions may only be used in dungeons & field area.
- Any time left will be carried over into the lobby and next dungeons entered.
- Like the old potions, you can't stack their effects. (E.g. using the HP/MP potion with the Particle potion) You can cancel the effects of the previously used potion by using another one, though.
- Video showing all effects
| Big Man Potion / 거인화 물약
(NA: Giant Potion)
| Darkness Soul x2
20 Alchemy Essences
Your character will be enlarge by a bit and Critical Hit Rate will be increased by 10%.
| Glowing Explosives / 이글이글 폭약
(NA: Blazing Bomb)
|Darkness Soul x2
10 Alchemy Essences
Occasionally while running/walking/fighting, balls of fire will erupt from your head, dealing damage to targets. Targets hit by the balls will be staggered. Each spawn will have 6 fireballs and has a cool down of around 5-6 seconds.
| Soul of Chaser / 추적자의 혼
(NA: Tracker's Soul)
| Darkness Soul x4
30 Alchemy Essences
Whenever your character attacks, a green homing particle projectile will inflict damage 2 times on targets.
| Fairy Potion / 아기 요정 요람
(NA: Baby Fairy Cradle)
Darkness Soul x5
40 Alchemy Essences
Summons a fairy to aid you in combat, regenerating you some HP and 30 MP for every 10 seconds.
| Denip's Ice Balls / 데니프의 얼음 구슬
(NA: Denif's Ice Orb)
Darkness Soul x2
10 Alchemy Essences
While running/walking/fighting, snow orbs are created around users, inflicting damage and Frostbite status to targets in range.
|Ventus' Wings / 벤투스의 날개깃||
Darkness Soul x1
5 Alchemy Essences
Your character will be coated in a blue aura, allowing you to run faster by 10%. Furthermore, Resistance to Wind Element is increased by 100 and Dodge Rate is increased by 10%
| Rosso's Flame-ring / 로쏘의 화염고리
(NA: Rosso's Blazing Ring)
Darkness Soul x2
10 Alchemy Essences
While running/walking/fighting, fire orbs are created around users, inflicting damage (10% per second to normal monster and roughly 0.1%~1% per second to mini-boss/boss monster) and a Burn DoT status can kill to targets in range. Targets with high resistance to Fire element will not be affected by the burn.
| Big Punch Potion / 거대손 물약
(NA: Giant Hand Potion)
Darkness Soul x2
20 Alchemy Essences
Your character's fists and weapon grow bigger, and all your damage will be increased by 10%.
Upon winning the defense of the El Crystal Daily event, a Buff is given.
- 50% discount on repairs
- All Skill Level +1 (NOT including Hyper Actives)
- Movement Speed +10%
- MP Regen +5 Per Second
Upon losing the defense of the El Crystal Daily event, a Debuff is given.
- Repair Fee +50%
Both Buff and Debuff can not be removed by logging off the client and will last for one hour.
Differences between NA and KR
When Season 3 of Gates of Darkness is released in NA server, there are a few noticeable differences from that of KR server, besides the name changes of Potions and Bosses.
Unlike KR, NA does not have a certain time period where the chances of the entering the dungeon will increase. The chances of the Portal to appear will be the same, regardless of what time or day you are playing on.
Unlike KR, there will be no consequences for not completing this dungeon for a certain amount of times.
Unlike KR, all new Wyvern Accessories and Elixirs cannot be crafted at the Alchemist or Accessory merchants. They can only be obtained from boxes called Darkness Core at a random chance. Due to the removal of the crafting service of GoD-related items, the special drops can no longer be obtained in this dungeon. Darkness Cores can be obtained by completing the dungeon or purchasing them from other players.
Potential Rewards from Darkness Cores
- One of 8 possible Elixirs
- One random pre-sealed Wyvern Accessory (Rarity, Stats, and Class of the Claw are randomized)
- 1 Vigor Potion
- 1 Magic Stone
- 1 Advanced Magic Stone
- 1 Blessed Weapon Enhancement Stone
- 1 Blessed Armor Enhancement Stone
- 1 Special Pass Exchange Coupon (Exchangeable to Ariel for any Secret Dungeon Normal Passes)
Gate of Darkness (S3) - music059_stage
- Veteran Commander *Solo 1st Attempt*
- 3 man party with Tactical Trooper, Battle Seraph and Reckless Fist
- Combat Ranger *Solo 1st Attempt*
- 2 man party with Sakra Devanam and Grand Archer *With subtitles*
- As a lot of monster will be spawned in the stage, you may experience massive lag while playing if your computer can't support it.
- Though S2 GoD Very Hard is more lag inducing than it.
- Just like the old seasons of Gates of Darkness, having good equipment isn't required because your character will be attenuate to when you are Lv1 and having no equipment.
- However, having higher Damage modifiers and Damage Reduction stats can help in this dungeon.
- When the server fails to defend the El Crystal, even if you were offline when the raid completed, all players will receive a debuff which increases player's equipments repair fee by 50% until next GoD. The debuff remains even if you relog. (Currently for KR only)