Gates of Darkness
NOTE: In KR and NA, this version is no longer available! For information of the new Gates of Darkness, go to Gates of Darkness(S3).
Gates of Darkness
The demons have created the Gates of Darkness as a portal to Elrios. They plan on sending their dark forces into Elrios and create an invasion that will ravage the continent. The only one that can stop them is Elsword's team.
Entering the Dungeon
Unlike other dungeons, the Gates of Darkness can only be accessed on certain times. When the dungeon opens, only Normal difficulty can be accessed. Higher difficulties can be accessed when all players of the server completed the dungeon a certain amount of times.
- The dungeon opens at every weekend 00:00, 13:00, and 18:00 PST (NA server time) for one hour.
This dungeon has a unique gameplay. It involves battling waves of mobs, both bosses and normal monsters.
There are 15 rounds per play. Each wave ends with a pop out image showing the next round number.
The goal of this dungeon is to protect the "El Crystal" at the far left of the map from the monsters.
All players and mobs will be normalized to Level 1. In addition to that, potions, drinks, and food consumable items that recovers HP at a fixed amount are changed, reducing their effectiveness.
On Normal and Hard there is one El Crystal and one portal that spawns monsters. On Very Hard there are two portals that spawn monsters, and two pathways for each portal.
In the background of the map, there is a Dark Bone Dragon. This dragon will continuously charge up various attacks to interrupt the players' progress of defending each wave. It cannot be attacked, and will flee after the final round.
If you allow the El Crystal to be attacked, right before it changes colors on the minimap it will tell you "the El power is spreading, the aura of darkness is growing weaker" and one of the dragon heads will return to sleep.
|Monster Image||Monster Name||Monster Description|
|Dark Uno Hound|
|Dark Crazy Puppet|
|Teach the Dark Golem|
|Darkness||Appears throughout most of the later rounds. Looks like a giant Shadow Blast. Explodes on contact with the El Crystal dealing around 10,000 damage (enough to kill most players at full health). After the Hunting Fields patch it has had its HP increased from ~15k to ~50k.|
Dark Bone Dragon
The Dark Bone Dragon will be the main obstacle of the dungeon. At the beginning of the dungeon, only one of the Dragon's heads will be awake. As you progress through the dungeon, the 2nd and 3rd head will awaken. The Dragon's attack range is dependent on the amount of heads that are awake. Each head will send out attacks onto 1/4th of the map while the far-left 1/4 of the stage will be untouched by the Dragon's attacks.
- Draco Meteor: The Dragon will roar and rain down several fireballs onto the stage. There are 3 different types of fireballs that the dragon will use. Each head of the dragon will randomly be assigned one of the 3 types and will only use that type of meteor for the entire dungeon run.
- Flame: The meteors will be red in color and will inflict Burn when the players are hit. In addition to their Burn effect, these fireballs can perform splash damage, meaning players can still be damaged when they try to approach the fireballs after they made contact with the ground.
- Frost: The meteors will be blue in color and will inflict Frostbite when the players are hit.
- Curse: The meteors will be purple in color and will inflict Curse when the players are hit.
- Fissure: The Dragon will roar and open a fissure on the stage. Afterwards, stalagmites will rise up and drag any players towards the left and the fissure will close up, knocking anyone standing on ground into the air.
Guide for Players
- Dark element is recommended.
- A cheap method of obtaining one is to Dark II enchant a level 1 weapon at the cost of 4 dark shards.
- It is best for everyone to camp at a place where all the monsters will have to pass through to make it easier for everyone to collect drops.
- There are respawning boxes near the crystal that drop healing items if healing is required.
- Stand under the platforms to avoid Draco Meteors.
- Stand on top of the platforms to avoid Fissure.
- On Very Hard stand one platform below the top platform to avoid this attack.
There will be rewards for completing the Gates of Darkness.
The following items can only be obtained from playing in this dungeon.
Elrios Guardian Hero Buff
After completing the dungeon, you will receive the Elrios Guardian Hero buff. This buff will increase your EXP gain, Additional Damage, and Reduced Damage stats by a certain percentage. The level of this buff is determined by the number of El Crystals protected by the entire server. The buff will increase your stats starting when you finish the dungeon. The buff only applies to PvE play and not PvP matches. The buff is immensely helpful for running Henir's Time and Space Challenge Mode and can drastically cut down run times.
After the Hunting Fields update, the buff will last until GoD is over. If the buff is gained after GoD is completed it will remain for several hours but it will have significantly reduced stats, this is because the buff it gives is proportional to the current progress in defending the crystals which defaults to 0 when the event is not active.
|Buff Level||Increase in Add. Damage||Increase in Red. Damage|
|1 (0~2 Crystals)||5%||5%|
|2 (3~4 Crystals)||12%||12%|
|3 (5 Crystals)||30%||30%|
While playing in this dungeon, you can obtain materials to craft the Wyvern accessories and materials to even upgrade them. These accessories can be crafted at any Accessory merchants in town.
Darkened Wyvern Set
Potions and Elixirs
While playing in this dungeon, you can obtain materials to craft the Grace Potions and Blessing Elixirs. These are powerful potions of the Ancient Gods that can grant various effects, such as increasing your damage output or give you better regenerative abilities. These can be crafted at any Alchemist NPCs in town.
- These potions may only be used in dungeons.
- Any time left will be carried over into the lobby and next dungeons entered.
In NA server, the requirements to craft potions and elixirs are 3 Wyvern's Scale Pieces, 1 Darkness Soul, 20 Alchemy Essences, and a fee of 10,000 ED.
In KR server, these potions are no longer available.
Gate of Darkness - music025_boss
- On Very Hard, it is possible to go into the portal and clog up the monsters. They will continue to come out as planned but stay in the portal with you making them easier to kill. You will be pushed out of the portal by shielded mobs and Darkness. This strategy is only effective depending on the class. Female classes have the easiest time getting in and out of the portal and can take out shielded mobs fast enough to keep more mobs from getting through.
- It's recommended for Male classes to take the bottom row when present while Females clog up the top portal(you only need 1 top portal camping with someone picking up the drops below)
- These strategies are no longer recommended after the Hunting Fields patch as drops are no longer shared and each player must pick up their own drops individually.
- The old name for Gates of Darkness used to be Eye of Prodigy.