|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • italiano • 日本語 • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • русский • 中文（简体）|
小侠 (Little Xia)
|Name||Ara Haan (Chinese: 韓艾拉; pinyin: Hán Àilā)|
|Class||小侠 (Little Xia)|
|Age||17 (Base) > 19 (1st Job) > 20 (2nd Job)|
Little Xia (小侠) > Little Hsien (小仙) > Sakra Devanam (帝天)
Little Xia (小侠) > Little Devil (小魔) > Yama Raja (冥王)
Little Xia (小侠) > ?? > ??
여민정 Yeo Min Jeong
佐藤 聡美 Satomi Satō
20 December 2012
24 July 2013
December 18th, 2013
18 December 2013
19 December 2013
Ara is a skilled martial artist that uses a spear. She is a highly versatile character, with extremely long melee attack range, as well as superior attack speed and mobility. Having an air-dash in addition to the double jump, Ara's aerial mobility rivals that of Eve, who is known for having remarkable overall movement freedom. Her range also allows her to catch enemies in her combos from a safe distance, and even hit enemies behind, above, and below her easily. Ara also has a unique trait to her different from others, as she uses "Spirit Energy" which can be used as substitution of MP.
Main Article: Eun
Ara has a special system called Spirit Energy. Ara's Awakening is similar to that of Chung's Freiturnier in that 3 awakening beads will bring on a change in appearance. In Ara's case, she gains the tails of a 9-tailed fox, and white hair.
Ara Haan was born in Fahrmann, the dominion of the Gods located at the North of the Fluone continent. Isshin, the village that Ara lives in, houses a large shattered El-fragment. This particular fragment radiated powerful moon energy.
Ara is the daughter of the Haan Family, a warrior family that protected the seal of the Nine-Tailed-Fox for generations. At first glance, Ara looks like a kind and polite girl, but because of her family's influence, she is actually a highly skilled martial artist and spear wielder. Her brother, Aren Haan, began his training early and was able to become strong enough to become the Defense Captain of Fahrmann's capital. On one night, the village Ara had lived in had been attacked by an army of demons to take the village's Moon Elstone. Ara tried her best to fight back, but was outnumbered and cornered. In the destruction, Ara fell into a room containing a mysterious altar. A large hairpin that was pinned to the altar was thrown across the floor. Ara is approached by her brother, Aren, who is now Ran, the demon general who had led the invasion. Aren, who had inherited his strong spirit from the moon, had been corrupted and reborn as Ran due to the Dark El contaminating the moon's power. Ran had conquered Fahrmann's capital and led his army to retrieve the village's El-fragment.
As Ran is about to kill Ara, the last survivor, she instinctively protected herself with the hairpin on the floor. The pin unleashed a powerful light and Ara fell unconscious. When she woke, Ara found herself alone in center of the village. The nine tailed fox had possessed her and fought the demons back, but the Moon Elstone had already been taken by them. Ara then hears the spirit's voice, Eun, who had been sealed in the pin for centuries. Eun makes a contract with Ara, she will lend Ara her power and help her find her brother, Aren. In exchange, Ara has to help Eun bring back the Elstone. Ara accepts, and they go on their journey to search for Aren.
The duo arrives to Hamel after hearing of the demon invasion there, but Ara is too late and can only find traces of the demons. She quickly encounters and fights Karis, a Demon general in the Halls of Water. With the help of Eun, Ara was able to fight off Karis and escape. She eventually comes across the ElTeam who mistake her for another demon due to Ara being in her Eun form. After the misunderstanding, Elsword tells Ara that they already had fought the demons and that Ran had escaped from the Water Temple. He offers Ara to travel with him and his team, as they may come across Ran again. Ara agrees, joining in hopes of finding her brother as well as the Moon El to fulfill her contract with Eun.
First Class Advancement
Ara is required to be Lv 15 to begin her first class advancement.
- Clear 2-4 Hard mode or higher at B rank or higher.
- Collect 2 Steel Pieces from Nasod Banthus at 2-3 in any mode.
- Clear 2-2 Hard mode or higher 2 times.
- Clear 2-5 Hard mode or higher at B rank or higher.
After completing the Little Xia quest chain, Ara can decide between advancing as a Little Hsien or Little Devil or ??.
Click job names below to see what must be done after advancing to Little Xia.
Little Hsien Little Devil
|Level 0 (2 SP)|
|Level 5 (2 SP)|
|Level 10 (2 SP)|
|Level 15 (2 SP)|
|Level 20 (2 SP)|
|Basic Z combo involving = Stab -> Pull -> Stab(x2) -> Spin(x3)(KD).|
|Z combo involving = Stab -> Pull, followed by a ground smash(KU) and backflip.|
|(HOLD)||Z combo involving = Stab -> Pull -> Stab(x2) -> Spear Charge(HOLD) -> Charged Stab.|
|~|| Basic X combo involving = Spin -> Spin -> Spin(Stoic) -> Spin ~ Spin (Max x3).
|X combo involving = Spin -> Spin -> Stab(Pull) -> Ground Slam(KU)|
|Single jump Upper-swing that does not knocks targets up.|
|Single jump Uppercut that knocks targets up.|
|(HOLD)||After/While running, Stab(x2) -> (HOLD) Stab(x3)(KD).|
|After/While running, Ground Slam(KU).|
|After/While air jump, Swing -> Swing ->Swing(KD).|
|After/While air jump, stab the target's legs and pull herself behind targets.|
Backstory of Ara in comic format.
Translated Version Click Here]]
- Eun is based off the Gumiho, the Thousand-year old Fox from Korean legend.
- Ara is the second character to have a surname after Chung.
- Ara's brother is Ran, the main antagonist during the events of Hamel.
- Ara's base attack speed is remarkably high, requiring little to no attack speed to perform combos quickly.
- Ara is the only character that does not speak her skill names in English when using skills.
- This has NOT changed when being released and dubbed in different languages, while, in fact, she says various phrases instead.
- Ara is the first character to have a different color outline or show of motion when attacking (Her outline is yellow, while all the other characters' outlines are blue).
- Unlike the other characters, Ara's design is influenced by Eastern culture and religion.
- In addition, her job names are written in Chinese.
- Ara's job name, 小侠(Little Xia), means is a person who is young and brave/chivalrous in English.
- Interestingly, her base and 1st class portrays her as having 8 tails in her Eun form, her 2nd classes portray her having 7, and her in game model seems to have up to 11.
- However, the number of her in-game Eun Mode's tails has been fixed upon the release of Ara/Little Hsien in NA.
- Depending on her job path, Ara's motives for fighting the demons drastically differ.
- Ara is the first character to not have her first two jobs released together, instead having Little Hsien and Sakra Devanam be released alone, and having Little Devil and Yama Raja be released together at a much later date.
- Unlike a tradition with the other characters, Ara Haan only had one of her paths (Little Hsien and Sakra Devanam) released before a new character came, which in this case was Elesis.
- Ara is the first female character to have naturally higher physical attack rather than magical.
- Exorcism 3: Shadow Knot/Shadoweave does not belong to any of her job advancements. This can only mean that it is for the art of the third class path.
- Ara's in-game model had a flaw where the highlights in her eyes were in opposite directions. This was fixed later on.
- This change was made before the Model Revamps.
- This flaw, however was carried over to NA, (And EU?) and not fixed upon release.
- Oddly, the design of Ara's pin seems to change between job classes. This may be a result of Eun itself changing along with Ara as she develops.