|Language:||English • العربية • Deutsch • español • français • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • русский • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体）|
Status, honor, power. I've lost everything.
Before the embers of my life go out.... will you...
...become my royal strength...? -Lu
I'll retake the throne...
I'll give my soul for you...
The contract is complete. -Ciel
Having a duo character play-style, players have access to a special mechanic only available known as Switching. Players can play as either Lu or Ciel in both towns and dungeons, and change between them via pressing V (default key and only available where combat is possible), combos, or skills. When switching via the V key, the character switching out cannot be hit, but the character switching in can be hit and the combination gauge will not be filled. Cooldown time for V key is 1 second. Depending on the user's preference, it is even possible to play only as Lu or Ciel all the way until the end, but it will be more fun and efficient to change between characters, depending on the situation. No cooldown is implemented into the exchange mechanism but you will always start out as Lu when entering PvP or dungeons. You can choose to either defeat enemies with strong demonic magic as the melee Lu, with quick slashes and gun shots as the ranged Ciel, or utilize both to chain numerous combos.
- Main Article: Combination
Being a duo character with a tag-team playstyle, Lu and Ciel do not share mana and also have a special system known as Combination. When either Lu or Ciel is tagged out, the inactive character will rapidly recover 6 MP per second (1.5 MP in PvP). Lu and Ciel have a fourth resource known as the Combination Gauge, which is used exclusively for Combination Skills and can only be filled when the player switches through a normal combo or a skill.
- Main Article: Backalley of Lanox
The demon monarch Lu emerges in Elrios as a small child after using up all her mana to escape the realm of demons. Due to her servant's betrayal, she has lost all her power and possessions. A hitman named Ciel finds Lu in her weak state and takes her in. Her name is all she remembers. Before long, assassins from the demon world come for Lu, and Ciel gives his life to protect her.
Just then, Lu remembers everything. A mystical contract allows her to revive Ciel as a half-demon, and he is bound to serve her in return. Now, with Ciel's help, Lu sets out to take everything back. Together, they are Luciel, a dangerous duo in pursuit of demons that plague the land.
- Main Article: Nightmare
First Class Advancement
Lu/Ciel are required to be Lv.15 to begin their first class advancement.
Lu/Ciel can decide between advancing as a Chiliarch, Royal Guard or Diabla.
Please be aware that only Lu or Ciel will be able to advance while the other will remain as their base job until 2nd job at Lv. 35.
- Lu/Ciel Animated Trailer
- Ciel Reveal Trailer
- Voice teaser
- Video interview of Lu and Ciel's development
- Subbed Prologue
- Lu/Ciel All Pose
- NA Ciel Teaser
April Fools Skill Cut-in featuring Edel & Sebastian (New).
Tips and Details
- Lu and Ciel share equipment but do not share costumes or accessories. However, you are able to share common accessories appearance with the Magic Wardrobe.
- Any attack or defense increases, with the exception of accessory/costume set effects, are still shared, even though the status window does not display this.
- Likewise, HP sockets and non-set bonuses are also shared, though these do show in the status window properly.
- Unlike attack or defense, HP also still shares through set effects. Unlike the HP increases from other sources, this is again not displayed in the status window.
- When opening the First Job Change Promotion Cube, Lu and Ciel will both receive a set of promo avatars. However, only the advanced character's set will receive the set bonus.
- When opening the Second Job Change Promotion Cube, Lu and Ciel will both receive a set of promo avatars with promo set bonuses.
- Just like Deadly Chaser's Silver Shooters, Ciel's gunblades will do physical damage at close range.
- Ciel's magic bullets consume 4 MP per shot.
- Lu and Ciel officially join the main cast after the Burnt Forest story quest [Dungeon] Break Through the Burnt Forest!!.
- An interview releasing information about the duo had implied that Lu and Ciel are comparatively weak when played individually and stated that it is optimal to utilize them both in gameplay to cover for each other's weaknesses.
- In her artwork, Lu is much smaller than Ciel, while her in-game model size is only a bit shorter than Ciel.
- The symbol of a four-pointed star is a recurring motif in Lu and Ciel's design.
- Prior to joining the El Search Party, Lu and Ciel apparently encountered Raven several times during their journey.
- They are also the first to encounter Karis before meeting the El Search Party, being the one who killed Ciel before his contract with Lu.
- Lu and Ciel wrote the skill note Lu Crater.
- Unlike other characters, Lu and Ciel are the only characters to receive a unique skill cut-in for their 1st Job Class. This can only be obtained by advancing to their 2nd Job.
- Similar to Grand Master, Lu's weapon is only canonically large as shown in her artwork, whereas Lu's gauntlets avatar weapon in-game is of smaller size.
- The size of Lu's gauntlets varies to different actions done. When Lu is in town or when she is performing expressions, the gauntlet shrinks down to the size of a glove. When fighting, the gauntlet expands and covers both arms.
- The shape of Lu's horns and tail will change depending on her job advancements.
- Her crown will only be visible if you are wearing her promo top piece.
- Her tail will only be visible if you are wearing her promo bottom piece.
- Oddly, in Lu's Fearsome Beginner skill cut-in, her gauntlets have five fingers when they normally have four, as seen from her in-game model and other artworks.
- Lu only uses her gauntlets as a melee weapon and substitute for her demonic magic powers due to her original powers being completely depleted as base and Chiliarch.
- As Noblesse, who regained most of her original power, she only uses them to amplify her projectiles or carry her spears with. She no longer uses them as an active weapon.
- As Diabla, the gauntlets completely disappear in Madness state, implying her original fighting style never even used the gauntlets in the first place, which is also hinted as Noblesse.
- Lu is extremely fond of sweets and desserts but dislikes meat.
- The side story Nightmare 1 shows Ciel inside Lu's Nightmare.
- We learn that Lu and Ciel are able to cross into each other's dreams. Ciel finding himself inside of Lu's mind.
- The image provided shows a clearer image of how Lu used to look before she lost her powers.
- The side story Nightmare 3 shows Lu's allegiance in the Demon World.
- After meeting with the Demon King, Lu agreed to stand under him as one of the 4 Great Demon Lords.
- She stood beside the three other Demon Lords, Berngart, Stirbargen, and Aegirp and held the title of "Steel Queen"
- The side story Nightmare 4 tells us the identity of who restrained Lu.
- She was betrayed by a Demon General called Barkat, who chained and tortured her.
- According to the Korean tooltip of Demonio's Transcendence skill, Lu is implied to be of Asmodian origin.
- Ciel's recovery from knocked-down status is faster compared to the other characters.
- Ciel is obsessed with anything cute.
- Ciel is shown to be a skilled baker and has a vast knowledge of herbs that rivals those of elves, according to Rena.
- Despite this, he dislikes being labeled as a butler, even though other characters view him as such.
- As seen in the backstory images and the animated trailer, after the contract with Lu is established, Ciel's ears become pointed and his hair gains blue highlights to signify his change from human to half-demon.
- As shown by Ran and Ciel, humans who turn into half-demons changes appearance, where their hair changes color and horns will grow on their head. For Ciel, his hair changes in all of his job advancements. Each advancement shows how much Ciel has converted.
- For Royal Guard, his hair changes into a brighter blue hue as he uses the least demonic energy. Dreadlord's hair turns almost white while retaining some dark blue as he progresses much more into the demon conversion. Demonio's hair turns completely white and sprouts a horn as he progresses the most into the demon conversion.
- Ciel is the only character whose Evil Tracer Ice Burner set is based on a miniboss instead of a main boss. His Evil Tracer 2 set is based on the miniboss Incubus : Incoolord while Lu's costume is based on Karis.
- The second Lu/Ciel voiced webtoon expands upon Ciel's backstory.
- Ciel, having survived the attack on his family, was rescued by a hitman called Wolvernian, who he affectionately calls Verni.
- Verni supplied Ciel with food, who asked him to teach him how to cook. However, Ciel then also asks to be taught how to fight, wanting to take revenge on the people who killed his family.
- Verni notices the lust for revenge in Ciel's eyes and teaches Ciel how to fight on the condition that he never uses the skills he's learned on other people, to which Ciel reluctantly agrees.
- Instead, he trained himself by hunting wild animals, in turn allowing him to get materials to cook with.
- In the third Lu/Ciel voiced webtoon, it shows a bit more about Ciel's past.
- Ciel seems to have been somewhat of a hot head when he was a child, always talking about revenge.
- Verni would punish him for talking about revenge by making him cook slow-cooked pancakes.
- In the fourth Lu/Ciel voiced webtoon, it is revealed that Ciel has a deceased sister named Terre.
- Terre loved the cookies in Lanox but couldn't afford them. The two promised that some day they'd be rich and bake as many cookies as they want. This contributed to Ciel's desire to learn to bake.
- It is also revealed that Verni met Ciel on the anniversary of one of his friend's death. He believed that taking in Ciel would be a second chance for him to redeem himself.
- Just as Ciel acted as a second chance for Verni to redeem himself, Ciel saw Lu as his second chance to protect and fulfill the promises he made to Terre.
- In the fifth Lu/Ciel voiced webtoon, it is revealed what happened to Wolvernian.