|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • polski • português do Brasil • ไทย • 中文（简体）|
|Weapon||Blade, Nasod Arm|
|Class Tree||Raven > Weapon Taker > Veteran Commander|
Maître de la Destinée
Figlio del Fato
Portador del destino
12 January 2012
March 13th, 2013
13 March 2013
14 March 2013
"I will remain the Raven that I was to begin with.
As long as I am alive, the Crow Mercenaries will never die out; I am back and I will show you the Crow Mercenaries restored to its former glory.
For them... I will once again don the uniform of the Crow Mercenaries..."
As a weapon, the Nasod Arm requires a strong foundation of intellect, but since Raven was once a mercenary, his body became more combat-oriented instead after much of his experiences. Still, a few hysterical aspects (of the Nasod Arm) have bound to his basic skills allowing Raven to deal more damage at the risk of damaging it; Raven is now able to execute complex attacks by integrating medium-range flame attacks from his Nasod Arm with his combat proficiency.
Flames or fire bullets that are launched from the Nasod Arm explode on target, and for that reason, Raven's Nasod Arm can overheat. However, this overheating system can be exploited as a strategic attack to deal enormous amounts of damage by making use of the increased heat generated by the arm.
Raven's Nasod Arm, when beyond overheated, can now withstand the high temperature and is able to continuously attack. The most opportune time for the Weapon Taker to attack is when he has plenty of stamina, but he needs to be well prepared first.
On the road with the El Search Party, Raven finds another reason to fight. He keeps going to honor his comrades, the Crow Mercenaries. He makes adjustments to his Nasod arm and succeeds in giving it the ability to deal explosive hits. The more he uses it, the more powerful it becomes, and when the Nasod arm overheats, Raven unleashes a display of massive firepower.
Yet Raven poses a grave danger to himself, the longer he keeps using this modified, built-in weapon. The Weapon Taker walks the thin line between becoming a formidable fighting machine and causing his own inadvertent destruction.
First Class Advancement
- Speak to Lenphad the Blacksmith of Elder.
- Collect one Overheat Mechanism Blueprints from the William Phoru Boss in 2-4.
- Complete 2-5 in Normal Mode (☆) or higher.
- Collect one Mechanism Core from Wally 8th Boss in 2-5 in Very Hard Mode (☆☆☆).
At Lv35, a Weapon Taker can advance into a Veteran Commander.
|Level 15 (2 SP)|
|Level 25 (2 SP)|
|Level 30 (2 SP)|
|Level 35 (2 SP)|
|Level 40 (2 SP)|
| Overheat barrage
(Will Overheat after 3rd X)
Raven fires a fire bullet, then does a dash attack that punches the target, staggering them. He then readies himself in a firing position, releasing 2 bursts of fire from him arm. If you press X repeatedly while Raven is in the firing position, he will fire off a barrage of explosions (in a super armor state) that do a large amount of damage, but this will consume HP due to overheating.
200% Mag. Damage
| Hit and Run / Roll and Grab
Raven attacks three times with his sword, then does a backstep, firing 1 shot with his arm and another shot, knocking targets down.
Alternatively, if holding the directional button, he does a front roll past his enemies and then grabs them with his arm.
| Aerial Fire
After Raven slashes once in midair after running, he will use his Nasod arm to release some explosive smoke and ignite it, thereby propelling himself and his target higher.
This combo is somewhat similar to Rune Slayer's >>^xzz
Weapon Taker and Veteran Commander has a unique system in which he can increase the effects of some combos and skills by "overheating" himself as well as increasing his damage output by 10% in a similar fashion to Awakening Mode. To do this, one must repeatedly press the skill button for the corresponding skill 5 times or more in succession; if done right, a small text will appear saying "OVERHEAT". However, Overheating will result a loss of HP as well as a recoil that leaves one vulnerable. Whereas Weapon Taker's skills will recoil with an uppercut after overheating, Veteran Commander's skills will recoil with a swing.
Such skills include:
- Revolver Cannon - Original Piercing Ammo/Revolver Cannon - High Explosion Ammo
- Giga Prominence
- Hellfire Gatling
- 8/23/2012 KR
- Overheating no longer damages Raven over time. Instead:
- For combos, each extra X blast consumes a bit of HP.
- For Skills, with the exception of Deadly Raid, at the end of the overheated skill, 20% of the damage done from the overheated damage will be deducted from HP.
- The way to see if Raven is overheated is changed. Rather then his whole body on fire, he now only sets his arm ablaze. New way of seeing overheat state(Veteran Commander's arm vents will open, Weapon Taker's arm will just be on fire).
- Harpoon Spear, Deadly Raid and Ignition Crow - Napalm/Incineration have been added to the Overheat list.
- Overheating no longer damages Raven over time. Instead:
- Though not mentioned in his backstory, Weapon Taker improves his arm not by letting it evolve like Over Taker, but instead by taking parts from enemies and integrating them with his arm, improving it without increasing its influence on him. Thus this is why he is named "Weapon" Taker.
- His necklace appears to be black feathers, which may be a reference to his name, or to the Crow Mercenaries.
- Though the artwork shows him to look as old as Blade Master or Reckless Fist instead of Raven's other 1st class branches, this is only due to a different artist.
- In the original teaser trailer of Weapon Taker, at the end there was a combo in which Raven could boost himself upwards like Chung's >>^x.
- Upon further inspection, this combo is simply the >>^ZXX where the 2nd X propels you slightly into the air. This is because in the original teaser trailer of Weapon Taker, some of the attacks were specially modified. For example, the XX X~X combo was modified so that it launched a fire bullet, instead of the original explosion that came out of the ground, similar to Giga Prominence. This is due to possible balancing reasons.
- His in-game model loses one of his characteristic scars in his face while his Skill and art at the top of the screen, still show it.
- During S1 PvP, many moves depleted HP in values where you'd have to be careful of which moves you decided to overheat.
- Before the Overheat revamp, you could actually kill yourself by using Overheat.
- Weapon Taker's ID event poster nicknames him "The Revolutioneer of Nasod's Flame"