It's fine. It should be temporary.
I tried telling myself, but I felt both my emotion and senses drowning.
[The Lord trapped in futility after the second soul contract]
- In-game Version
- Nexon Version
The Lord trapped in futility after the second soul contract.
When Ciel receives a fatal wound from the on-going assault from the demon assassins, Lu decides to attempt another soul contract to save Ciel.
Though it was a bet unlikely to succeed, however, Ciel manages to stay alive.
But because of the taxing nature of the contract, Lu's senses begin to dull and her emotions begin to fade as she is trapped in this sense of futility.
The fathomless sense of futility manifests as ID and destroys enemies.
루를 노리는 마족 암살자들의 습격은 계속되었다.
불완전한 힘, 연이은 마족의 습격으로 둘 모두 지쳐가던 중, 시엘이 치명상을 입고 쓰러졌다.
거칠게 몰아쉬던 시엘의 숨결이 점점 잦아드는 걸 느낀 루는 불안과 두려움에 휩싸였고,
마족 암살자들이 언제 또 습격해 올지 모르는 상황에 루가 선택할 수 있는 방법은 애석하게도 많지 않았다.
루는 시엘을 구하기 위해 영혼의 계약을 재시도했다. 새로운 계약을 덧씌우는 위험천만한 도박.
이미 반으로 나누었던 영혼을 다시 한번 더 나눈다는 것이 어떤 위험을 가져올지 알 수 없었지만, 루에게는 다른 방법이 없었다.
쓰러져 있던 마족 암살자들의 마기를 영혼의 계약의 일부로 사용하면서 루는 이 도박이 통하길 간절히 바랐다.
그렇게 시엘은 목숨을 건질 수 있었고 루는 크게 안도했다.
재계약으로 영혼의 힘 대부분을 사용해 한동안 경미한 쇠약상태에 빠졌지만, 크게 걱정할 일은 아니었다.
조금만 쉬면 기력도 되찾아 평소의 자신으로 돌아올 거라고, 이걸로 다 해결되었다고...
그러나 무리한 계약의 부작용은 서서히 찾아왔다.
루는 차츰 시엘이 만들어준 달콤한 디저트의 맛이나, 함께 싸우며 맞대었던 등의 감촉... 이런 사소한 것들이 마음에 와닿지 않았다.
감각은 둔해지고, 감정은 메말라 간다.
하지만 괜찮다. 일시적인 부작용이리라. 설령 아니라 하더라도....
루는 마음을 다잡았다.
깊이를 알 수 없는 허무함은 루의 마음 깊은 곳에서 이드의 형태로 발현되며 적을 파괴한다.
The ambush of demon assassins targeting Lu continued. When they both were starting to get exhausted due to their incomplete power and the continuous battles, Ciel fell with a grave injury. Lu felt Ciel's breath fade away. She was engulfed in uneasiness and fear, and there were not many options to choose from in this situation where demons could ambush them any second.
Lu, in order to save Ciel, tried the soul contract yet again. A dangerous gamble where a contract had to be overwritten. To form another contract means it is to divide a soul, already split apart, once again. Lu didn't know what dangers this method would bring- but there was no other option left. Using the fallen demon assassins' demonic energy as a back-up for her power, Lu prayed this "gamble" would work.
Ciel was safe and sound, and Lu felt relief wash over her. Due to the re-contract and overuse of her soul powers, she'd feel weak for a while, but it wasn't something to worry much about. If she just rested a little bit, everything would be fine, she'd return to her old self, everything is resolved now...
However, the side effects of the unstable contract hit her eventually. Ciel's sweet desserts, and the feeling of relief whenever Ciel covered her back- small happiness like this, did not bring her any emotions anymore. Her senses dulled, emotions dried up. But it's okay. It's just a temporary side effect. Even if it wasn't... Lu already had made up her mind. An abyss of unknown depth bloomed within Lu's heart, appearing as the form of ID - destroying enemies.
First Class Advancement
Upon reaching Lv. 35, a Emptiness can job advance to a Turbids.
- Skill Traits unlocked at Level 40.
- Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 2nd job class.
- Full Gallery: Lu/Ciel/Gallery
- Due to dividing her soul a second time, into just a 4th of what it used to be, to save Ciel from death again, Lu starts losing most of her emotions, which can be seen through her appearance as well as many of her voice lines being rather absent-minded.
- Her usually bright white star pupils dim on this path, appearing far paler than they usually would.
- The contract sigil on her back is flipped upside down, appearing like Ciel's half, and has its center hollowed out.
- She grows wings in this advancement as in her other paths (bar Diabla), though they appear rather pale and flimsy. They grow higher up her back than the initial wings Chiliarch and Noblesse gain however, being more in line with where the second set of wings would grow for both those classes' advancements, Timoria and Ishtar.
- Her horns appear to visually be a mix between the "good" smooth blue horns seen on Timoria and Ishtar, and the "evil" serrated horns seen on Iblis or other antagonistic demons, as she is neither, being devoid of emotions be they good or bad.
- As with the other paths besides Chiliarch, Lu replaces her crown with something closer to a tiara, though it is notably thinner than the fuller crowns on her other paths.
|China (Simplified Chinese)||澄澈影灵||Limpid Shadow|