I'll show you the power of runes!!
[A swordsman who mastered the power of Rune and Magic]
- In-game Version
- Nexon Version
A swordsman who uses both his sword and rune magic to fight.
Using both sword aura and magic can be difficult as they are two completed different forms of mana.
To circumvent the inefficient method of containing two separate energy in one body, Elsword develops a way to imbue magic into his sword, and earns the title, Rune Slayer.
하나의 그릇에 검기와 마력을 함께 담으면 언젠가는 넘치는 법.
엘의 보석과의 동조라는 묘한 체질 덕분인지 모두 높은 경지에 이르렀지만 계속되는 성장을 통해 결국 한계에 부딪힌 엘소드. 마법에 대한 재능이 부족했던 것일까? 짧은 후회 끝에 엘소드는 자신의 선택을 부정하지 않겠다고 다짐한다.
"내가 결정한 길이야. 그러니 앞으로의 길도 내가 만들면 돼!"
검과 마법의 섬세한 균형감 사이에서 고민하던 엘소드는 고대 마법 문자 룬을 사용해 검에 마법을 담는 방법을 터득하게 된다.
두 힘의 조화를 이루어낸 엘소드는 마법 문자를 이용해 검술과 마법을 빠르게 연계하고 마법을 한층 더 강화시키는데 성공한다.
Second Class Advancement
You can Transcend at Lv 70.
- 2nd Job Skill Traits unlocked at Level 70.
- 2nd Job Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon Transcending.
- Transcendence Skill Traits unlocked at Level 99.
- Transcendence Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 3rd job class.
After the standard combo, explode a rune beneath the enemy to launch them up once more. The rune can be delayed for a short time by holding down . If fully charged, the rune will not launch grounded opponents.
All fireballs used in combos are replaced with runes.
Changes the fireball in Magic Knight's to a rune. The rune has a heavier hitstun and doesn't launch enemies as high. If fully charged, the rune will not launch grounded opponents.
Changes the fireball in Magic Knight's combo to a rune. The rune will remain in place until an additional is pressed, firing it down at a 45° angle, covering a moderate distance. The rune can be absorbed but not reflected and can pierce twice.
- Full Gallery: Elsword/Gallery
Tips and Details
- Strangely, Rune Slayer's >>ZZX combo does not have increased damage on an enemy affected by his Magic Chain passive, despite the former being a magical attack.
- Unlike most other magical projectiles, Rune Slayer's Runes cannot be reflected completely. The runes will still go past enemies but will not deal damage if reflected.
- Allies behind will receive damage from 'reflected' rune.
- In his concept art, his initial design was rejected as it had too many similarities to Magic Knight. They then completely redesign his outfit and personality to be more rugged and laid-back rather than knightly and serious like Lord Knight.
- On Rune Slayer's runes, text reading "The Time Is Now" can be seen under the main symbol in small text.
- Despite Sword Fire being moved to Magic Knight and Lodestar taking its place, it is still listed as one of Rune Slayer's Primary Skills.