|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體） • 中文（台灣）|
|Weapon||Great Sword, Rune Swords, Fire Magic, Runes|
|Height||164 cm (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||56 kg (123 lb)|
|Class Tree||> > > >|
|Release Date|| 12 November 2009
4 May 2011
6 July 2011
4 January 2012
31 July 2013
Ready for some heat?!
[A swordsman who mastered the power of Rune and Magic.]
Incorporates the use of Runes to further develop his ability to fight in close or long ranged battles.
While traveling, Elsword decides to practice his magic skills so that he can become stronger. He goes to Vanessa in Velder for help, and she explains to him that he can start using runes instead of fireballs to increase his power. Soon Elsword starts to use the runes he got from training, and this allowed him to become a stronger magic knight, thus giving him the name, Rune Slayer.
Second Class Advancement
Upon reaching Lv. 35, Magic Knight can advance into Rune Slayer. To receive the 2nd job quest, click on the job change notification located below the map select.
Rune Slayer can also be obtained by using the Item Mall item: Rune Slayer Mark .
- Speak with Adel in Altera.
- Collect 5 Memory Alloys from any Nasod monsters in the Altera region.
- Go to Feita then defeat Durahan in 5-1: Shrine of Dedication Entrance 4 times.
- Collect drops from monsters throughout the Feita region:
- 5 Purified Magic Crystals from Glitter Necromancers.
- 5 Footprint Rock Fragments from any Golems.
- 5 Purified Power Crystals from any Glitter Soldiers (except Necromancers).
- Then go to Feita.
You can Transcend at Lv 70.
All fireballs used in combos are replaced with runes.
| Exploding Rune
Changes the fireball in Magic Knight's to a rune. The rune has a heavier hitstun and launches enemies less high.
| Aerial Rune
Changes the fireball in Magic Knight's combo to a rune. The rune will remain in place until an additional is pressed, firing it down at a 45° angle, covering a moderate distance. The rune can be absorbed but not reflected and can pierce twice.
| Flame Swing
Modifies Knight's , engulfing the last two slashes in flames. The flames do magical damage and the final no longer knocks down.
| Launch Burst
After launching with , explode a rune beneath the enemy to launch them up once more. The rune can be delayed for a short time by holding down . If fully charged, the rune will not launch grounded opponents.
- Added new combo.
- Added flame variant of Knight's .
Rune Slayer's Teaser poster shown alongside Lord Knight.
Tips and Details
- Strangely, Rune Slayer's >>ZZX combo does not have increased damage on an enemy affected by his Magic Chain passive, despite the former being a magical attack.
- Unlike most other magical projectiles, Rune Slayer's Runes cannot be reflected completely. The runes will still go past enemies but will not deal damage if reflected.
- Allies behind will receive damage from 'reflected' rune.
- In his concept art, his initial design was rejected as it had too many similarities to Magic Knight. They then completely redesign his outfit and personality to be more rugged and laid-back rather than knightly and serious like Lord Knight.
- On Rune Slayer's runes, text reading "The Time Is Now" can be seen under the main symbol in small text.
- Rune Slayer is the first character to be depicted with tattoos.