|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • русский • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体）|
Hmph, playing the role of butler isn't too bad.
[A well-trained butler for the real Lord of the Demon World]
Ciel becomes a butler/sniper and does anything in his power to get Lu's rightful place back in the Demon World.
Now that Ciel has acquired great powers from the demon realm, he pours all efforts into helping Lu, so that she may win back her throne sooner. It's the least a butler could do. Determined, Ciel becomes the Royal Guard, the ultimate marksman worthy of his noble master. With this peerless reinforcement, Lu is well on her way back to demonic greatness.
First Class Advancement
- Defeat the following monsters in 2-3: Underground Waterway:
- 6 Little Soldier
- 5 Big Soldier
- Collect a drop from William Phoru in 2-4: Suburbs of Wally's Castle.
- Collect a drop from Awakened Banthus in 2-2: Banthus Cave.
- Defeat Wally No.8 in 2-5: Wally's Castle.
Upon reaching Lv. 35, a Lu/Royal Guard can advance into an Noblesse/Royal Guard.
- Skill Traits unlocked at Level 40.
- Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 2nd job class.
: Bullet and Soul damage is calculated before Soul Collector.
: All damage values for new and preexisting combos receive a 1.05x multiplier during 1st job.
- KR trailer (released together with Chiliarch) by 'KOG'
- NA trailer (released together with Chiliarch) by 'Kill3rCombo'
Royal Guard's accessory, Butler's Secret Weapon.
Tips and Details
- In Sniper Mode, Lu's projectiles only cost 3 MP and return 4 MP per hit on a single enemy for 9 MP net gain per . Ciel's projectiles, on the other hand, cost 15 MP and have the same MP gain as Lu's, resulting in a net loss of 3 MP per . (Values represent base with 0 "MP Gain on Attack" stat)
- The Sniper Mode blast for both characters, including the aimed variant from Noblesse, is affected by Soul Collector's damage increase but not the other effects, though it has infinite piercing by default.
- The blast reaches its maximum damage the moment it has used up 20 MP total. You can still hold it for quite some time after but that only serves to delay the attack.
- Most of Lu's variations on Royal Guard's combos that were added during the unification patch display odd and potentially glitched behavior:
- Lu's Sniper Mode projectiles are not affected by Soul Collector's piercing/range increase and have infinite piercing by default, despite her being affected properly and only piercing a maximum of 3 times due to this.
- Lu's Sniper Mode blast will always have a start-up time and always consume a minimum of 15 MP, doing slightly charged damage, even if you just tap the X key, unless you aim it up or down (with Noblesse's combo). Ciel's blast can be released instantaneously at any time for the basic 10 MP cost.
- Lu will fire a 4th projectile on the 5th barrage of her Sniper Mode combo that deals another 142% Magical Damage but isn't affected by Soul Collector's damage increase and does not consume or grant any MP.
- It is implied Royal Guard's cross-shaped rifle is always hanging from his back as show in the class portrait, as any animations that require it start with Ciel grabbing it from behind him, as well as end with him returning it to his back.
- Royal Guard's concept design is based on various musical themes and conductors.
- His new tailcoat is reminiscent of the stereotypical outfits for conductors.
- He has access to two skills which are musical segments of one 'piece', which are 'titled' Fantasy Impromptu - 1st Movement and Fantasy Impromptu - 2nd Movement.
- Both of these skill icons also show Ciel in poses commonly struck by conductors when directing an orchestra.
- During these skills, Ciel will shout various musical terms relating to the animation, rather than the skill's name.
- Due to using very little demonic powers as Royal Guard as opposed to Dreadlord or Demonio, Ciel's hair does not turn white. It still turns into a lighter shade of blue however, showing that even as Royal Guard he is still influenced by Lu's demonic powers.
- Royal Guard's gun blades do not actually have blades on them. This is likely indicative of Royal Guard's focus on magical ranged combos over physical melee combos.