|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體）|
I must fight on... for those I care for...!
[A mercenary that has experienced and survived in every combat]
A master soldier that uses his Nasod Arm in battle to overpower his foes.
Before his Nasod arm could overheat one too many times and fail him in battle, Raven approaches the Ponggos for their expertise in weapons. They promptly send him out to collect rare materials for the repair: Ignis's arm that blasts out nuclear flames, the sturdy dark steel of Durahan Knight, and enchanted, mass-altering golem fragments. Gathering all these from such huge, dangerous monsters is clearly not simple, but Raven succeeds nonetheless. The Ponggos complete the Nasod arm enhancement, and with further training, Raven becomes the distinguished Veteran Commander.
Second Class Advancement
Upon reaching Lv. 35, Weapon Taker can advance into Veteran Commander. To receive the 2nd job quest, click on the job change notification located below the map select.
Veteran Commander can also be obtained by using the Item Mall item: Veteran Commander's Insignia .
- Speak with Altera Ponggo Elder Adel.
- Collect 5 Memory Alloys from monsters throughout the Altera region.
- Collect 2 Flame Nucleus from Ignis in 4-6: Altera Core.
- Speak with Lento in Feita then...
- Collect 6 Refined Dark Steel from Durahan Knight in 5-1: Shrine of Dedication Entrance.
- Collect 3 Floating Stones from Teach the Tyrant in 5-2: Spiral Corridor.
You can Transcend at Lv 70.
: Damage is calculated before the 5% Overheat buff.
: Damage is calculated without Overheat Mode Activated!.
: Damage is calculated without Awakened Will: Veteran Commander.
: Damage is calculated before Master of Warfare.
: All damage values for new and preexisting combos receive a 1.1x multiplier during 2nd job.
- Added Weapon Taker's and to Veteran Commander.
Backstory of Veteran Commander in comic format. Click Here
Veteran Commander's Accessory, Crow Rise.
Tips and Details
- With both Mercenary Behavior and Mercenary Survival Strategy, Veteran Commander can become extremely resistant to overheat, status effects, and damage when low on HP, making him a progressively difficult opponent to injure.
- Whenever Veteran Commander's Nasod Arm overheats, 'vents' will open and appear on his arm. They will also make a sound when they close.
- The overheat animation used after going into overheat differs between combos and skills originally learned by Weapon Taker and ones learned by Veteran Commander. Weapon Taker will swipe his arm inward while Veteran Commander will typically swipe his arm away.
- During Veteran Commander's release event in NA/UK, when summoning his NPC Card, the angel from the KR pre-release event appears and fights for them. However, this didn't happen in his pre-release event.
- Veteran Commander's design and concept seem to based on crows. This is shown in his Nasod arm, weapon, uniform, and accessories bearing crow-like features.
- The Lock Down Veteran Commander skill cut-in appears to be depicting him using Revolver Cannon with his right eye closed, as if he's taking aim.
- Investigation of official document shows this class was initially called "크루얼 파이터 (Cruel Fighter)".
- The last hit of "Roll and Grab" is similar to Breaking Fist's animation. In the original teaser trailer of Weapon Taker, it showed that the concept of the Roll and Grab combo was supposed to be rolling behind targets and slashing them.
- Raven gains a red streak of hair in this advancement. It is unclear exactly why this is, but it might have something to do with the Nuclear Flame Core installed in his arm.