|Language:||English • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体）|
Face the power of Alchemy!
[A guardian of Hamel who wields a large cannon called the Destroyer]
A master of explosives that utilize cannonballs in a variety of ways.
In his quest to become a full-fledged protector of Hamel, Chung finds partial records of a way to improve on the protective stone in his possession. Gathering knowledge on alchemy and explosives from all over Elrios, and gaining help from a skilled Alchemist named Echo, he proceeds to redesign his cannon, the Destroyer.
Chung finds success in this mission—he is now able to deal barrage attacks that are intense and rather unpredictable in any combat range, among other new skills. The intensified firepower and newfound abilities earn him the name of Shelling Guardian.
First Class Advancement
Chung can decide between advancing as a Fury Guardian, Shooting Guardian or Shelling Guardian.
Shelling Guardian can also be obtained by using the Cash Shop item: Resolution of the Shelling Guardian .
- Talk to Echo in Elder.
- Defeat William Phoru to collect one Ether Flask on 2-4: Suburbs of Wally's Castle.
- Defeat Wally-8 to collect a centrifuge from him on 2-5: Wally's Castle.
- Clear 2-5: Wally's Castle.
Upon reaching Lv. 35, a Shelling Guardian can advance into a Tactical Trooper.
- Skill Traits unlocked at Level 40.
- Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 2nd job class.
: Cannonball damage is calculated before Modified Warhead.
: All damage values for new and preexisting combos receive a 1.05x multiplier during 1st job.
combo is shortened into . Base combo is reworked into forcefully smashing the destroyer down and reload at the same time, finishing with an aiming shot and going into Siege Shelling stance. combo is also shorthen to .
After doing , reload while swinging the destroyer upwards, finishes with an aiming shot and going into Siege Shelling stance.
Weapon accessory, Nasod Battle Guard-Ver.K2, acquired after changing to Shelling Guardian. (During release)
Shelling Guardian's Accessory, Ancient Fear Destroyer.
Tips and Details
- Shelling Guardian's grenades can be reflected.
- The abbreviation for Shelling Guardian is H instead of S to prevent confusion with Shooting Guardian.
- Chung learned about the basis of alchemy from Echo of Elder. Together, they created the catalyst in his weaponry known as "Disfrozen".
- The canisters containing this blue energy catalyst show up prominently in all artwork, including the following job advancements. The only time their usage is explicit rather than implied however, is in Chaos Cannon and Carpet Bombing.
- Modified Warhead's icon implies Shelling Guardian's missiles have the "Disfrozen" catalyst inside of them. All missile skills learned after job advancing have Echo's own logo and brand on them as well, instead of the skull and crossbones on the regular missiles, aside from Artillery Strike - Missile Shower, since the skill was originally Deadly Chaser's skill.
- Shelling Guardian job path's Freiturnier appearance during Berserk Mode differs a bit from the other 2 paths. Instead of just wearing a helmet, Chung also gains a machinery core on his chest, as well as some form of extra armor. In this case, he gains two massive shoulder pads called the Fear Destroyers.
- Shelling Guardian's cannon slightly resembles a grenade launcher.
- Shelling Guardian's cannon is one of few promotional weapons that are animated. The band of his cannon rotates.
|South Korea||쉘링 가디언||Shelling Guardian|
|Taiwan (Traditional Chinese)||砲擊護衛||Shelling Guardian|
|China (Simplified Chinese)||炮击护卫||Shelling Guardian|
|Spain||Guardián artillero||Artillery Guardian|
|France||Gardien artilleur||Artillery Guardian|
|Italy||Guardiano Artigliere||Artillery Guardian|
|United Kingdom||Artillery Guardian|
|Brazil||Guardião Bélico||Warlike Guardian|