I understand now, what path I must take!
[The one who understands and represents the holy beasts]
- In-game Version
- Nexon Version
The one who represents the holy beasts and sees the world in their perspective.
Even as she traces Ran's footsteps, Ara continues to help people who suffered in the hands of demons.
Worried she's not doing enough, Ara constantly pushes herself to do better but that leads to her bond with the holy beasts becoming weaker.
Ara learns through training, that she shouldn't take control of the holy beasts, but instead, accept that the power comes from the holy beasts willingly lending their power to her.
She realizes that by understanding each other, they will be able to unlock the true potential of the spiritual power.
Finally, Ara understands both worlds, and starts to represent the holy beasts.
아렌의 흔적을 쫓아가면서도 마족에게 고통받는 이들에게 계속해서 도움의 손길을 내밀던 아라는 문득 생각했다.
이대로 가면 너무 늦는 게 아닐까, 남을 돕는 것을 포기하고 란을 추적하는데 전념해야 하지 않을까.
자신이 영수들의 힘을 좀 더 잘 다뤘다면 마족에게 고통받는 이들을 돕고 싶은 자신의 선택을 포기하지 않을 수 있지 않았을까.
이런 고민을 눈치챈 은은 충분히 잘 해내고 있다고 아라를 달랬지만, 아라는 계속해서 초조해하며 자신을 채근했다.
하지만 그럴수록 영수들과의 관계는 멀어지고 결속력도 떨어져 갈 뿐이었다.
아라는 영수들의 힘을 자신의 의지대로 잘 다루기 위해 수련에 전념하지만, 애석하게도 영수들은 온전히 아라가 생각한 대로 따라주지 않았다. 무엇이 문제였을지 고민하는 와중에 아라는 영수들을 보고 한 가지 느낀 바가 있었다.
영수들의 가치관은 각 영수마다 천차만별이고 영수들은 인간이 보는 것과는 다른 것을 보고 있다는 것.
그들의 관점으로 세상을 바라보면 자신의 고민의 해답을 찾을 수 있지 않을까 생각한 아라는 인간의 고정관념을 내려놓고 영수들의 시선에 맞춰 그들을 더 깊이 이해하기 위해 수련에 전념한다.
힘든 수련의 과정에서 아라는 깨닫는다.
영수들의 힘은 자신이 통제하는 것이 아니라 그들의 의지로 자신에게 베푸는 것이고, 자신이 그들의 의도를 이해하고 그들이 자신을 이해했을 때 비로소 온전한 힘을 발휘할 수 있다는 것을.
마침내 아라는 영수와 인간 양쪽의 입장에서 세상을 볼 수 있게 되었고, 영수의 세계와 인간의 세계에 양립할 수 있는 영수들의 대리자로 거듭나게 된다.
Ara, lending help to others in pain whilst tracking Ran down thought.
Maybe I'd arrive too late if I kept on helping them, maybe I should give up and focus my attention to Ran. Maybe if I controlled the spirits' power better, I'd be able to do both efficiently.
Eun, noticing her distress, told her that she was doing great, however, Ara did not listen. She only kept going. But that backfired on her- her bond with her spirits weakened.
Ara trained hard to use the spirits' power, but she couldn't make it how she wanted it to be. Then, she thought. The spirits' sense of value were different for each one, and that they saw things in a different perspective than humans did. If she looked at the world from their perspective, maybe she'd find her answer. Ara trains to understand the spirits better.
In this process, Ara realizes something. The power of the spirits are not something she controls, but something the spirits bestow upon her with their own will. Only when she can understand their will, the power will be complete. Ara becomes able to see the world in both the humans and the spirits' perspective, and becomes the delegate of both sides.
Second Class Advancement
You can Transcend at Lv 70.
- 2nd Job Skill Traits unlocked at Level 70.
- 2nd Job Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon Transcending.
- Transcendence Skill Traits unlocked at Level 99.
- Transcendence Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 3rd job class.
- Full Gallery: Ara/Gallery
- In the Korean server, in-game, KOG uses the directly translated Chinese name; 陽琰, rather than the English name.
- Marici is a deity in Buddhism associated with light and the sun. It is thought to be an amalgamation of sorts of various similar solar deities of the area, including Surya, which is the inspiration for this path's 3rd job.
- This class's art, as well as a few other skills in this path, are styled after the Black Tortoise, one of the 4 guardian beasts in various Asian mythologies. The actual name used comes from the related god in Taoist mythology however, known as Xuanwu.
- Marici's design is based on that of a shrine maiden. This is shown in her wearing the traditional white/red robes and having a kagura suzu in her spear.
- In earlier versions of the trailer and official website, the job name was written as "陽炎" which can be translated to "Sun Flame". Amusingly, this is actually the correct version, as Marici can be seen as the deification of said term, as described on its Chinese Wikipedia entry. The "fixed" version seems to be a mistake and means something akin to "Dazzling Jade", having no relation to the deity.
- The hood is part of her promotional top piece instead of being part of her hairstyle.
- The sealing stone in Eun's hairpin seems to have been split into 4 pieces, each tying a part of Marici's hair and disappears when Ara goes into Celestial Fox mode. Another possibility is that the sealing stone is obscured under her hat-piece and is not reflected in her in-game model.
|South Korea||양염 (Yang-Yeom)||Marici|
|South Korea (literal Chinese name)||陽琰 (Yáng yǎn)
Misspelling of 陽炎 (Yáng yán)
Marici (lit. "heat haze" or "sun flame")