Secret Wolf Arts - 'Killing Howl'
|[Special Active: Strength]|
[Secret Art] Activated when you activate 'Wolf Stance 1, 2, 3, 4' one after the other. Materializes several wolf spirits that will rush forward.
|Little Devil||Wolf Stance 1 ( or )|
|Wolf Stance 2: Wind Wedge|
|Wolf Stance 3: Wolf Claw|
|Wolf Stance 4: Wolf Fang|
|Mode||Killing Howl (Magical)||Wolf Count||Total MP Usage||Spirit Energy|
|Affected By Action Speed|
|Wolf Stance 2:
|Wolf Stance 3:
|Wolf Stance 4:
Forbidden Secret Manual (II) is needed to unlock this skill, available through the Power of Transcendence Skill Quest or Item Mall.
|Chi Release||Unleashed Chi|
Tips and Details
- Killing Howl cannot be manabroken.
- While Wolf Stance 4: Wolf Fang's tooltip claims Killing Howl ignores defense, this is entirely false. Only strong wolves (from that skill's own [Enhanced] effect or from Howling Wolf) will ignore defense and guard. Normal wolves will not.
- Initial requirement of Spirit Energy is 2. After Wind Wedge, 2 orbs will be consumed and 2 orbs will be returned. After Wolf Claw, 1 orb will be gained. After Wolf Fang, 2 orbs will be consumed.
- This Secret Art can hit mobs behind Ara and if used at point-blank range, it will hit mobs from behind, which is useful against mobs with shields like Glitter Defender but not recommended against Edan.
- The total MP usage can vary depending on the traits selected for Wolf Stance 2: Wind Wedge and Wolf Stance 4: Wolf Fang, as they can be Critical or Light respectively. At most, it will cost 212 MP, while at least, it will cost 168 MP.
- Compared to other command opening stances for the other Ara classes, Wolf Stance 1 can be instantly canceled by Wolf Stance 2: Wind Wedge, even before it lands a hit at all, making it relatively safe to start on most bosses. However, as Wind Wedge's invincibility frames do not extend properly into any chained skill, caution should still be used.
- In the original design, the Secret Wolf Art was another skill called 혈호접 (血蝴蝶), which means Bloody Butterfly.
- For a short while after successfully chaining to the final part of the Secret Art, a Spirit Energy orb will appear on the tip of Ara's spear. This serves no practical purpose and is just a visual effect, likely being a leftover from back when Killing Howl locked you in animation until the orb disappeared.
Little Devil - Skills