- For other uses, see Elsword (disambiguation).
|Language:||English • العربية • Deutsch • español • français • magyar • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • русский • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体） • 中文（繁體） • 中文（台灣）|
There's no other swordsman as tough as me!
[A master swordsman who excels at close range combat]
A strong and skillful swordsman. Has infinite potential with the sword, and a strong body due to strict training.
- Main Article: Way of the Sword
The "Way of the Sword" ability enables him to utilize the energy gained through attacks and skills into 2 types of auras: Aura of Vitality and Aura of Destruction. Aura of Vitality helps Elsword to recover mana faster by 200% (150% in PvP) through certain commands and allows Elsword to use skills labeled as "Vitality skills" at a lower MP cost, allowing Elsword to make the most out of his MP pool. Aura of Destruction helps Elsword to do more damage by increasing the damage of his heavy attacks and skills labeled as "Destruction skills" by 100% and 50%, respectively.
- Main Article: Ruben Forest (Elsword)
Elsword is an ambitious but hot-headed young swordsman trained by his sister Elesis, the leader of the Red Knights. Elesis left her little brother to lead a mission, never to return. Elsword now searches the land for two things: El, the precious gems that power his kingdom, and his missing sister.
- Main Article: Resolution
Elsword and his big sister, Elesis, were enjoying an ordinary day, when an unexpected change came about. Elesis had received a reinforcements request from the Velder Army, which required her immediate departure. Elsword tried to persuade her to let him fight alongside her and their father, but failed. She ensured him that the next time they meet, he will have become much stronger, and reluctantly walked away to fulfill her duty.
Elsword was alone, lamenting about the circumstances as he laid upon his bed, reminiscing about his family. His father was one of the best knights of the kingdom, and his sister a highly desired talent, and there he sat alone, feeling weak and helpless. Wishing he was stronger, he grabbed his sword, and began to train relentlessly, day after day, swearing that he will become strong enough to protect everyone. With every bit of progress he made, his face filled with a smile as he recalled his sister's words of encouragement, knowing that someday he would join his family in battle at last.
First Class Advancement
Elsword is required to be Lv.15 to begin his first class advancement.
- Skill Traits unlocked at Level 20.
- Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 1st job class.
|Basic 4 hit combo with his sword.|
|Basic 3 hit combo with his sword, followed by a heavy slash, knocking targets quite a distance.|
|Basic 3 heavy hit combo with his sword.|
|Basic 2 heavy hit combo with his sword, followed by an uppercut that sends targets upwards.|
|Single jump slash.|
|Single jump overhead slash, knocking down targets.|
|2 slashes after dashing followed by piercing through the enemy.|
|Heavy uppercut after dashing, knocking targets up.|
|3 sword slashes after dashing in midair.|
|1 overhead slash that does not knockdown, followed by another heavy slash that knocks targets down.|
|Recovery||Recover with a twirl slash hitting in targets both in front and behind.|
|Recovery||Recover with a single 180° slash leaving targets open for combo.|
- Full Gallery: Elsword/Gallery
Elsword's Flame Geyser Cut-in, illustrated by RESS (Old)
Elsword's Unlimited Blade Cut-in, illustrated by RESS (Old)
- Elsword's job path in Lore/Story would be the Knight Emperor path.
- Elsword's older sister is Elesis.
- Due to this, the two cannot be married to each other.
- Elsword has the unparalleled unique ability to resonate with the El, so much so that Solace labels Elsword as the "Guardian of El".
- Elsword is the youngest member of the main cast El Search Party. He is also the youngest person to have even been officially admitted into the actual El Search Party program from Ruben.
- Although Elsword does have magical power in his body (this explains his ability to use skills like Flame Geyser and Triple Geyser), he doesn't always rely on it.
- Elsword's backstory is similar in concept to Elesis Sieghart, a character in a separate, now defunct, MMO created by KoG called Grand Chase.
- In the beta, Elsword was voiced by the same voice actor of Lass in Grand Chase.
- Elsword's Promotional Sword will change form while in Awakening Mode, a trait which is only shared by the other original characters, Aisha and Rena.
- Elsword wrote the Skill Note "Stronger the better!" for Pyro Knight's Burst Wave skill.
- Elsword was also influential in the making of the skill note Particle Converter.
- In very early versions of the game, Elsword actually had unique skill cut-ins for specific skills, such as a unique cut-in for Flame Geyser and Unlimited Blade.
- Elsword's canon birthday is the same as the release date for Elsword in Korea. He also shares his birthday with Aisha.
- In the side story Resolution 3, it is revealed that Elsword's father's name is Elkashu.
- During the Master Class update, Elsword's advancement is aligned with the Master of Sun, Solace.
- Solace was the driving force behind his adventure up until Elysion, and has both a strong connection to the El and is proficient with a sword.
|Taiwan (Traditional Chinese)||艾索德||Elsword|
|China (Simplified Chinese)||艾索德||Elsword|
|Elsword: Evolution (Mobile)||Exorde (before May 19, 2016)|
| valign="top" |
|China (Simplified Chinese)||骑士||Knight|