The Nasod Inspector's pattern will follow the behavior as shown above. Health values are a rough approximate. An example of how the chart works: when the Nasod Inspector reaches 80% HP, he will activate Magic Defense mode and will regain HP to 100%.
The Nasod Inspector is always super armored and thus will not be stunned by attacks. It can however be frozen temporarily with Light Enchantment (petrifying) on weapons, Awakening, or freezing attacks like Blizzard Shower.
The best move is always to KEEP OFF THE GROUND. Especially for melee characters, stay at the top platform of either side of the stage and wait for the Nasod Inspector to come to you. The Mini-Cannon would be just jutting out for you to hit and spam skills. Also as he crawls over, his hitbox becomes much wider and thus more susceptible to damaging AOE attacks like Gungnir.
When the Nasod Inspector starts shooting yellow flares, run to the opposite end of the map. They are extremely lethal.
A more advanced strategy is to knock Nasod Inspector's HP to just above a threshold where it will activate a defense mode and regenerate, then freeze it and deal enough damage to knock it down to the threshold of a different defense mode causing it to skip that phase.
- The HP thresholds are 35.9, 31.2, 17.9, and 7.4 Bars.
- Knocking it from over 35.9 to under 31.2 will cause it to skip Magic Defense phase.
- Knocking it from over 17.9 to under 7.4 will cause it to skip Physical Defense phase.
- An alternative to freezing the Nasod Inspector is to wait till it tries one of its downward cannon slam attacks, it cannot cancel out of that animation allowing players to use multiple skills before it can activate or change defense modes.
- It is possible for it to "System Crash" and activate "Physical Defense Mode" at the same time if the skill chain reduces a large amount of HP while failing to kill it.
It can be useful to have a Code Nemesis who has learned Atomic Shield to be in your party since the shield can block the Yellow Flares that the Inspector fires.
If you fail to skip the Magical/Physical Defense Mode Phase (Meaning it will use Magical/Physical Defense Mode) you can break its defense by inflicting any defense reduction like Armor Break, Water Element Enchant Debuff, or any active/passive skill which can reduce its defense. Wind orbs are also effective in nullifying its defense increase.
- Only Armor Break will be sufficient for you to deal significant damage due to the increased defense from level difference.