- Elsword: Have you ever heard the stories of the legendary Captain of the Red Knights, with hair like a flame and a heart full of fire? That's my sister. When I was still a kid, she made me promise that I would train every day, to build up my strength and skill with a sword. The training paid off and soon I became the youngest member of the El Explorers. My sister though...what happened to her?
- Aisha: Hi, the name's Aisha. Magicians don't usually come this smart or pretty. I've traveled the world to build up my power and practice my magic. One day I found a powerful ring that absorbed all my power. After my powers were gone, the ring disappeared. My mentor said that the ring was linked to the El Shards somehow, so I've been searching the world for them. I'm feeling something here in the Forest of El. Could it be the ring? What is that noise?
- Rena: You called me, Elder?
- Elder: Yes. Welcome, Rena.
- Rena: What's the matter?
- Elder: As we have suspected, the power of El weakens.
- Rena: So it has.
- Elder: If it continues to drain, it will soon crumble to dust.
- Rena: How do we stop it? I am ready for instructions.
- Elder: North of here you will find a small village called Ruben. There, you will find the Tree of El and with it, our only hope.
- Rena: Understood. We will seek the Tree of El immediately.
- Elder: Forgive me, but this you must do alone. It is a dangerous task that only you are equipped to handle.
- Rena: The Tree of El, I have finally found it. I just hope I'm stronger enough to complete my mission. Wait, someone else is here, I can feel it.
- Raven: I was once the Captain of the Crow Mercenary Knights. I worked hard to protect the Kingdom of Velder and in return they betrayed me. I was framed and sentenced to death by someone I had trust, Alex. He was like a brother to me. My fiancee Seris and comrades raided the prison the day before my scheduled execution and busted me out. Finally...Seris and I were going to get married. But one can only dream for so long... We escaped but Velder soldiers followed us into the forest outskirts. We were outnumbered and surrounded in the forest at midnight. Everything I cared and loved was slowly taken away one by one. Alex made sure I was the last to die. They slaughtered my comrades and my love right in front of my very own eyes. The only thing left for me was to die. At my very last breath, the Nasods found me and dragged me off. Next thing I know, I woke up in a Nasod capsule and my body was half-machine. I was reborn into a test subject for Human-Nasod augmentation. Death would have been better for me than this. I wanted to kill them but the Nasod Control Device overtook my consciousness. However, the program wasn't perfect. I couldn't kill them or myself so I went around destroying anything I could...until I met Elsword. Fighting with Elsword freed me from the Control Device and my sanity was awakened. I was able to feel more than just pain and anger--and I realized the things I'd done. I wanted to atone for my sins so I decided to help Elsword find the missing El Shards.
- Raven: Hey, a forest with some fresh air.... Reminds me of where Seris... (shakes it off). I shouldn't think about it. If I make amends, maybe I'll get to see her again one day. I have to set things right for all the destruction I've caused. This chaos caused by the El's disappearance is a good way to do it.
Once upon a time, long before history was written, the Humans and their creations, the "Nasods", lived together in a glorious civilization. This age of prosperity quickly fell into ruins when the power of El began to fade. The Ancient Nasods rebelled and waged war against the Humans in their desire for the power of El. As the war continued, the El's power became weaker and weaker. The Nasods, whose power came from El, were defeated by the Humans. Only a few Ancient Nasods survived. They excavated deep underground into their preservation devices...
- Eve: Over thousands of years, the weakened El slowly regained its energy. Eve, preserved in her preservation capsule, was reactivated when an El fragment flew into it after an explosion. Her surroundings have changed and she was aware that a significant amount of time has passed. She explores the premises, hoping to find fellow Nasods roaming about... The Core and Nasods equipment were still intact......but none of her Nasod friends were reactivated. Eve, the last Nasod, remained deep underground alone and tried to assess the situation. Eve experienced sensations presumably equivalent to the human term "loneliness". In isolation, Eve discovered that some of the Core's systems remained operational. Eve calculated that the Core would require the renewed power of El to reactivate. As a result, she can reactivate all her fellow Nasods. There was no room for failure and she wishes to revive the Nasod race. She reprogrammed her preservation capsule and made a direct link to the Core unit. Eve programmed the Core to improve itself by collecting the power of El and performing quantitative research on the new era. In return, it will create more advanced Nasods. However, she must sacrifice all her energy to reactivate the core. Once again, Eve entered her preservation unit to power the Core, hoping her efforts would not be wasted. Eve was reactivated again, but this time it was different. It was not an El shard that woke her, but a red-haired boy. There was a yellow-haired Elf woman and the dark-haired Human-Nasod hybrid with him.
- Eve: Eve calculated that, following Eve's attempt to upgrade it, the Core had been damaged. Eve experienced sensations presumably equivalent to the human term "anger". Eve slapped the red-haired boy -- an illogical and regrettable response. The pain cannot be undone and the red-haired boy's face somehow turned red. Evidence shows that many humans are suffering at the hands of revived Nasods. (accessing archived data) Nasods also suffered from humans in the late era. They faced termination if they did not follow all the rules. Eve does not seek revenge...only seeks to unite with kindred beings. Although such motivation is akin to human emotion, it is hardly inappropriate for a Nasod with advanced knowledge to activate the desire for friends. Eve is determined to resurrect the Nasod race, and this is now her prime objective. It is not an emotional imperative, but a rational response to current circumstances. Characteristics observed in previous statement -- further investigation is required. In any case, Eve, as the last Nasod will remain alone again. Afterwards, the young red-haired boy said something senseless to Eve.
- Elsword: You're not alone...I'll be your friend!
- Aisha: What are you talking about, dummy?! Hey, you!
- Eve: Eve did not express desire for a human friend. Even in this new era, humans remain primitive in mental process and behavior. Hypothesis: does the red-haired boy think Eve is "lonely"? Loneliness is a human emotion, and Eve is inhuman. ...Eve does desire a sense of community, however. Eve is now fully activated, but the Core and the power of El are both gone. Protocols do not exist for such circumstances....
- Chung: My father was the guardian of Hamel. Never been defeated, citizens of Senace addressed my father as... "Hamel's White Colossus". Under my father's protection, Hamel was always peaceful. Then suddenly, Demons began invading our Senace. With their fierce attacks, our kingdom quickly fell. Only the Capital, Hamel, was able to hold in defense thanks to my father. The demons found out our family's armor crystals are similar to the El Crystal. And slowly cursed my father's crystal into Dark El Crystal. Through the constant battle and exposure to the dark curse, my father's mind was eventually overtaken by the Demons. The place my father swore to protect became ruins by his own hands...... Soldiers of Hamel were no match for my father and the Demons. Those looks and fearful magics by Demons discouraged our soldiers. Knowing that my father, Hamel's White Colossus, is against them didn't help either. I came to the battleground in order to stop my father. Still, we were no match for my father's fierce attacks. I would have been killed in battle if Elsword and his friends didn't save me. Retreat was our only option then. With the wounds deepening, I lost consciousness while escaping...... When I woke up, a week has already passed by. While I was unconscious, the Red Knights came to Hamel's rescue and to defend against the Demons. Why the hell did the Demons invade us??? I decided to join the journey with Elsword in order to fight the Demons and bring back my father.
- Chung: Wow...it's already been a month... Father......
I am a descendant of the "Haan" family, noble warriors who have been the guardians of the sacred animal spirits for generations. With exceptional martial arts skills and through many accolades, our family name was been recognized with the highest praises in the continent. As a member of the proud "Haan" family, I trained my martial arts tirelessly, believing that one day I will become strong enough to protect someone. Until that night....when it all happened...
- Ara: That night, the demons invaded the village, marching in with tremendous roars. The demons took out the villagers one by one... My powers are not strong enough to defend the people of the village. As Ara was cornered by demons, she was losing hope. That moment, the ground shook and caved in. I fell into the crumbling cracks of the hole. When I came to my sense, I found myself lying in front of an Altar, a place hidden underground for centuries. A familiar shadow was standing over me. Aren...Brother?
- Ran: Hmm Aren... It has been a while since I heard that name.
- Ara: Did the Dark El do this to you? Brother...what happened to you?!
- Ran: ............Hmph, you are annoying!
- Ara: As Ran, now the demon general, was about to strike down, I stepped back in despair and fear of my demon brother. That very moment, I clutched a hairpin on the floor dropped by the Altar. That instant, the hairpin unleashed a powerful aura and I fell unconscious. The mystical fox spirit, sealed in the pin, had awoken and protected me. But by then, my brother had already fled with the El fragment. So then, I embark on a journey together with the party in hopes to find my brother, to help the fox find the means to unlock the power of the seal...
- Ara: This is called Ruben Forest. Can I find clues of my brother here?
3 years ago...when I set on the path of training, upon completing my travels with the El Search Party...I realized it wasn't an easy task to help the world but I also gained recognition and skills I never ever dreamed of. They called me... "Red Haired Knight". I returned to my homeland, Ruben, where Elsword was waiting.
- Elesis: After I returned to my homeland, I spent my days, teaching sword skills to Elsword and minding my own business, living a peaceful life. One day, out of the blue, we were suddenly attacked by demons.
- Scar: Are you the Red-Haired Knight?
- Elesis: Who are you? And what business do you have with me? The fierce battle went on for days... The armored demons were too strong. Alas, the battle seemed like never ending. Eventually, both parties began to wear out in the battle. At the very moment when the demons were about to strike down with a vicious blow, Elsword suddenly yelled. Then I heard Elsword's cry from behind.
- Elsword: Ahhh......Ahhhh!
- Elesis: There was a split second for an open attack with Elsword's cry. When Elsword striked down his sword, I managed to find a weak point to aim and bash into the demon.
- Scar: hon hohn...!! Really? ...I didn't imagine Elesis had the ability or even the battle skills to hurt me.
- Elesis: Dark spirits surrounded the demon. And at the very moment, I prepared to strike him with the sword.
- Scar: So...you are the blood line of Elsword?
- Elesis: The demon muttered a few words....and disappeared along with a trail of dark magic circle. Even Elrios is not safe from the demon invasion...What could happen next? And another blood line? No way...? With the sudden attack of the vicious demons, I sense that Elrios was in imminent danger. I made up my mind to embark on a quest to stop the hidden vendetta of these demons...
- Elesis: Huh? Who are these guys? I've never seen them around these parts before. How come you are standing there and blocking our path?
- Add: As a child, I lost everything in the war. Amidst the ruins of my destroyed village, I was the only survivor and reluctantly I became a slave. I barely managed to escape the watch guards, but before long they caught up to me, and just before I was captured, I collapse into exhaustion and fell down a cliff. When I finally came to my sense, I found myself lying in front of an ancient ruin. It seemed like a place...lost in time which held extensive knowledge of Ancient Nasods. I approached that knowledge like a moth attracted to light. Longing for something powerful more than anything else... Hu, huhuhu.... Hahahahaha!! Hahahahaha!! ...At last...finally, it's complete...! There were some unexpected variables, but if I collect enough data... For that reason... I'm afraid our contract is broken. Sir William
- Wally: Heh...Add...!
- Add: Kekeke, I have found an interesting specimen...so I have no need for you anymore. Well well...Ancient Nasod...? Hmm...this will be interesting... I wonder how much you can be useful to me... Kekeke, shall we being the experiment!
Past... Ruben Village
- Add: Where am I? Did I fall off a cliff and land under here? Based on my calculations...a few years have passed...but so much has changed. So much time has passed, and I believe it'll take way more energy than I calculated to go back to the past. Hm, first of all, let's gather information!
- Ciel: ...I can hear someone yelling... The voice ringing in my ears s a familiar sound... The burning in my chest has cooled and my voice won't come out... Is this how things are to end? With a bitter laugh, I fall into darkness. When I was young, I ran the backstreets after losing my family to thieves. My twisted desires to live... It led me to rule the underworld... Then one day, a surge of powerful magic shook the town. A girl appeared from the dimensional cracks caused by the powerful magic. The girl who was badly hurt had the distinctive features of the demons, pointy ears and horn. A few days after treating her wounds, she finally awoke. Aside from her name "Lu", she had lost her memories. Was it purely sympathy? Or was it my fondness for her cute appearance? Even though she was a demon, I was carried away by her flawless appearance... On the premise that she would stay until she gets her memories back, i spent my time with her... Being with her made me long for the days from the past... and little by little, I found myself becoming attached to her. However, peaceful days did not last very long. That night, the demon assassins launched a surprise attack and for some reason were after the girl. Using all my power, I tried to shake off the pursuit. It proved to be difficult to even defend myself against them, especially since they were as strong as high ranking demons. The fierce battle raged on... And within a moment it all happened... The flash of light that was meant for the girl, pierced through my heart as I moved in to block it. That is how I welcomed death. This place. Am I dead...? I was sure at that moment...
- Lu: No, not yet. However, soon you will...
- Ciel: Huh...?
- Lu: I have halted the flow of time. However, this is only temporary. If we don't act quickly then your life will end... I finally remember everything. My name is "Luciela R Sourcream"! I was one of the demon world's well known monarchs... Well, at this point, I'm no longer anything... hu hu hu I will ask you directly. Won't you become one with me? Though you will no longer be able to desire a life as a human, however I can give you life sharing my soul as my family.
- Ciel: What...?
- Lu: It will be difficult to understand right now... However, this is the only choice we have. I have already lost everything. Status, honor, power...everything... You are all I have left.
- Ciel: When the girl placed her hand on my body, unfamiliar memories started seeping into my head.
- Lu: I was one of the monarchs that supported the demon world. Power and authority, there was an internal understanding that had been maintained between the monarchs who possessed territory... The vacant throne of the demon king started the war. In a moment of carelessness, I lost everything when I was betrayed by my most trusted aid. The magic power I boasted was sealed and my abilities, my territories were taken from me and I fell into despair. I was disappointed in my arrogant self who had only trusted in my own power and so vexed at the betrayal I had experienced. I spent many sleepless nights pierced by cold chains, with only thoughts of regret and hatred. So much time had passed that I could no longer even remember my own name. Was it consolation for all my misfortunes... With my last remaining magic power, I broke out of the chains and escaped. I, who has fallen to the depths of misery, have nothing left for me. However... However I no longer want to lose things that are precious to me...! So...So I ask you to become mine...! If I lose you too, I will...! Ah...?
- Ciel: Putting aside that I will become you property... Though I do like small and cute things, I dislike the tears of a girl. Though I don't understand everything... If I leave you alone, I'm sure you will continue to cry. Well, I guess there's nothing more to do. '
- Lu: Then...?
- Ciel: Since you are saving my life, there is nothing more than for me to follow you.
- Lu: Hu, hu hu hu...
- Ciel: Hm...?
- Lu: Hu hu hu hu! Great! You have chosen a great master!
- Ciel: W...What do you mean master...
- Lu: Don't you like it? Hu hu hu, the contract is complete! Starting from now, your soul is mine and my soul is yours. Until the end of our destiny...
- Ciel: That's right... Until the end of our destiny.
That is how, our journey started
- Ciel: Hu... We've finally escaped. That was some amazing power... It's incomplete, but to still have so much...
- Lu: Hu hu hu, admire the amount of power in this body! There is still much room for growth!
- Ciel: ...I would like for you to not grow anymore...
- Lu: Hm? What did you say?
- Ciel: Hm hm... Anyway, we're about the reach the village soon... With this form I will most likely stand out. After the contract was made, it seems like my appearance also changed to a demon. We may have to hide our status...
- Lu: You think so? Hm... Then how about princess and butler! How does that sound?
- Ciel: ...It might be best to just insist that we're elves.
- Lu: Ehhh... Well either way, we cannot be dedicated to each other by contract for long. In the case of an emergency, I'll leave the difficult work to you and I'll go hide myself!
- Ciel: Cough... Well, let's investigate the surrounding areas. Last night the consumption was a lot, I will support with my astral body.
- Lu: Let's do that hu hu hu, the though of going on a trip excites me!