|Language:||English • العربية • Deutsch • español • français • Bahasa Indonesia • italiano • 日本語 • 한국어 • polski • português do Brasil • русский • ไทย • Tiếng Việt • 中文（简体）|
|Name||Luciela "Lu" R. Sourcream||Ciel|
|Weapon||Magic Gauntlets, Demon Claws||Gun Blades|
|Birthday||July 16th||January 20th|
|Height||141 cm (4 ft 8 in)||188 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||Unknown||75 kg (165 lb)|
|Blood Type||B ||AB|
|Class Tree|| > 40px > 40px > 40px40px
40px > 40px > 40px > 40px40px
> 40px > 40px > 40px40px
|Voice Actors|| 김현지 (Kim Hyun-ji)|
井口 裕香 (Yuka Iguchi)
| 김영선 (Kim Young-seon)
杉山 紀彰 (Noriaki Sugiyama)
|Release Date|| 18 December 2014
1 July 2015
1 July 2015
2 July 2015
15 July 2015
22 July 2015
Status, honor, power. I've lost everything.
Before the embers of my life go out.... will you...
...become my royal strength...? -Lu
I'll retake the throne...
I'll give my soul for you...
The contract is complete. -Ciel
[A weakened Demon Lord and an assassin of the alley way]
Lu uses her powerful claw to shred her enemies to pieces while Ciel gains enhanced assassin abilities from the pact with Lu.
- Main Article: Combination
Being a duo character with a tag-team playstyle, Lu and Ciel do not share mana and also have a special system known as Combination. When either Lu or Ciel is tagged out, the inactive character will rapidly recover 6 MP per second (1 MP in PvP). Lu and Ciel have a fourth resource known as the Combination Gauge, which is used exclusively for Combination Skills and can only be filled when the player switches through a normal combo or a skill.
Having a duo character play-style, players have access to a special mechanic only available known as Switching. Players can play as either Lu or Ciel in both towns and dungeons, and change between them via pressing V (default key and only available where combat is possible), combos, or skills. When switching via the V key, the character switching out cannot be hit, but the character switching in can be hit and the combination gauge will not be filled. Cooldown time for V key is 1 second.
- Main Article: Backalley of Lanox
The demon monarch Lu emerges in Elrios as a small child after using up all her mana to escape the realm of demons. Due to her servant's betrayal, she has lost all her power and possessions. A hitman named Ciel finds Lu in her weak state and takes her in. Her name is all she remembers. Before long, assassins from the demon world come for Lu, and Ciel gives his life to protect her.
Just then, Lu remembers everything. A mystical contract allows her to revive Ciel as a half-demon, and he is bound to serve her in return. Now, with Ciel's help, Lu sets out to take everything back. Together, they are Luciel, a dangerous duo in pursuit of demons that plague the land.
- Main Article: Nightmare
First Class Advancement
Lu/Ciel are required to be Lv.15 to begin their first class advancement.
Lu/Ciel can decide between advancing as a Chiliarch, Royal Guard or Diabla.
Please be aware that only Lu or Ciel will be able to advance while the other will remain as their base job until 2nd job at Lv. 35.
- Skill Traits unlocked at Level 20.
- Final Enhanced Skill unlocked upon advancing to 1st job class.
- Lu/Ciel Animated Trailer
- Ciel Reveal Trailer
- Voice teaser
- Video interview of Lu and Ciel's development
- Subbed Prologue
- Lu/Ciel All Pose
- NA Ciel Teaser
- Full Gallery: Lu/Ciel/Gallery
Tips and Details
- You will always start out as Lu when entering PvP or dungeons.
- If Representing Stats is set to Lu/Ciel, Ring of Fury will only recover Awakening Beads if Lu is wearing it. Otherwise, it must be worn by the representing character.
- Lu and Ciel's stats can be toggled to be either separate or unified. Their stats can both be completely independent of each other, have only Lu's stats apply to both characters, or have only Ciel's stats apply to both characters. By default, it is set to Lu only.
- Lu and Ciel share equipment but do not share costumes or accessories. However, you are able to share common accessories appearance with the Magic Wardrobe.
- Any attack or defense increases, with the exception of accessory/costume set effects, are still shared, even though the status window does not display this.
- Likewise, HP sockets and non-set bonuses are also shared, though these do show in the status window properly.
- Unlike attack or defense, HP also still shares through set effects. Unlike the HP increases from other sources, this is again not displayed in the status window.
- When using Skill Rings, if their stats are set to separate, Switching Skills will always apply the ring of the character being switched to. For example, wearing a Ring of Tenacity on Lu will always increase the damage of Stomp, even if you start the skill while on Ciel.
- For Combination Skills and certain Actives, the skill ring of the character that casts the skill is taken into account. Switching while the skill is still on-going (such as while Eschaton is traveling or Shadow is installed) will not affect the skill's damage.
- Other sources of skill damage increase, such as through set effects, will apply to a skill for as long as that character is in play. Switching during the skill will change the damage to fit the current character.
- When opening the First, Second, or Third Job Change Promotion Cube, Lu and Ciel will both receive a set of promo avatars.
- Just like Deadly Chaser's Silver Shooters, Ciel's gunblades will do physical damage at close range.
- Ciel's magic bullets consume 4 MP per shot.
- Ciel's recovery from knocked-down status is faster compared to the other characters.
- Due to how character hitboxes move according to their animations in this game, when using a skill where both characters appear (such as a Combination Skill or Hyper Active), the character that was in play at the time determines where your own hitbox currently is. Therefore, in skills where Lu moves off the ground such as in Twilight Judgment when using the additional bullets, she is entirely safe from ground-based attacks, whereas Ciel is not.
- This is especially relevant for attacks that ignore i-frames like many attacks in Master Road, as Lu is predominantly in midair during most skills with both characters, where Ciel usually remains on the ground.
- This also affects the actual area of effect of those skills as either Lu or Ciel can be shifted to one side to make room for the other character appearing, moving the skill along with them accordingly.
- Lu/Ciel's job path in Lore/Story would be the Innocent path.
- Lu and Ciel officially join the main cast after the Burnt Forest story quest Break Through the Burnt Forest!!.
- An interview releasing information about the duo had implied that Lu and Ciel are comparatively weak when played individually and stated that it is optimal to utilize them both in gameplay to cover for each other's weaknesses.
- In her artwork, Lu is much smaller than Ciel, while her in-game model size is only a bit shorter than Ciel.
- The symbol of a four-pointed star is a recurring motif in Lu and Ciel's design.
- Prior to joining the El Search Party, Lu and Ciel apparently encountered Raven several times during their journey.
- They are also the first to encounter Karis before meeting the El Search Party, being the one who killed Ciel before his contract with Lu.
- Lu and Ciel wrote the skill note Lu Crater.
- Unlike other characters, Lu and Ciel are the only characters to receive a unique skill cut-in for their 1st Job Class. This can only be obtained by advancing to their 2nd Job.
- Before the 02/12/2015 KR patch, Lu/Ciel's skills had much higher MP costs to compensate for the fact they have 2 separate MP bars, as well as Call to Arms increasing potion efficiency. Tenacity skills used to cost 150 MP, while Strength skills used to cost 300 MP.
- While other characters all gain at least 2 combo extensions upon advancing to their 3rd Job Class, Lu/Ciel only receive one that simply varies slightly between Lu and Ciel, and they are not considered separate commands in the Command UI.
- Lu can control the size of her gauntlets at will as shown by the varying sizes in her official artwork and in-game. When Lu is in town or when she is performing expressions, the gauntlet shrinks down to the size of a glove. When fighting, the gauntlet expands and covers both arms, increasing in size further during certain commands and skills.
- Her crown and tail will only be visible if you are wearing her promo pieces.
- Oddly, in Lu's "Fearsome Beginner" skill cut-in, her gauntlets have five fingers when they normally have four, as seen from her in-game model and other artworks.
- Lu uses her gauntlets as a melee weapon and substitute for her demonic magic powers due to her original powers being depleted.
- In the Innocent path, as she regains most of her original powers, she only uses them to amplify her projectiles or carry her spears with. They do not appear in her artwork at all from Transcendence onward.
- In the Diangelion path, the gauntlets completely disappear in Manic Demon Form, implying her original fighting style never even used the gauntlets in the first place.
- Lu is extremely fond of sweets and desserts but dislikes meat.
- Under the Demon King, Lu is one of the previously reigning 4 Demon Lords, alongside Berngart, Stirbargen, and Aegirp. She held the title of "Steel Queen"
- According to the Korean tooltip of Demonio's Transcendence skill, Lu is implied to be of Asmodian origin.
- Lu cannot feel the El's energy because she is a pure demon.
- Conversely, she can sense or 'smell' demonic energy at a much greater accuracy than the other characters, as well as see and read demonic writing, for the same reason.
- Lu is currently the only character to realize Ain's true nature after she accidentally absorbed some of his creation powers into a Seed of Life while purifying him of Henir energy, but does not go deeper into the matter out of respect for him.
- While in the story Lu is the least affected by the lack of El energy upon entering the Demon Realm, she still takes the full effects of the Demon Realm debuff during gameplay and needs to stack Adaptation like the rest of the cast to mitigate its effects.
- Stirbargen admits that he would be no match for Lu in a contest of pure strength, mentioning how he won a fight with her in the past through wits and tricks.
- As noted by Winster, Lu was apparently rather cold-blooded and filled with murderous intent back in her days as a Demon Lord, something Lu rather not talk about when asked to elaborate by the El Search Party.
- Lu's Korean voice has an archaic Korean accent, giving her lines a peculiar contrast where she speaks like an old person but has a youthful voice.
- Ciel is obsessed with anything cute.
- He adores phorus especially, with Elsword even commenting on his phoru pajamas.
- He even stated in his and Lu's prologue that he was fond of her cute appearance.
- Ciel is shown to be a skilled baker and has a vast knowledge of herbs that rivals those of elves, according to Rena.
- Despite this, he dislikes being labeled as a butler, even though other characters view him as such.
- Ciel's grenades from >>^ZX are considered skill damage by the scabbards in Solace's Fortress. This might indicate that Ciel's grenades were originally designed as a skill.
- As seen in the backstory images and the animated trailer, after the contract with Lu is established, Ciel's ears become pointed and his hair gains blue highlights to signify his change from human to half-demon.
- As shown by Ran and Ciel, humans who turn into half-demons changes appearance, where their hair changes color and horns will grow on their head. For Ciel, his hair changes in all of his job advancements. Each advancement shows how much Ciel has converted.
- Ciel has a deceased sister named Terre.
- Ciel acted as a second chance for Verni to redeem himself, Ciel saw Lu as his second chance to protect and fulfill the promises he made to Terre.