The Mentor-Pupil System is a system that grants benefits and rewards for serving as a mentor or pupil to another player. It is designed to encourage experienced players to help teach newer players by acting as their mentor, and passing on valuable gameplay knowledge to them. Upon becoming either a mentor or pupil, exclusive quests will become accessible to the player, which consists of partying with your partner in Dungeons and PvP.
Mentors are required to own at least one Lv.99 character on their account, and complete the Elrios Mentoring Qualifications quest, in order to qualify as a mentor. Upon completion, any character on your account that is at least 2nd job, and Lv.70 or higher, can be used as a mentor. Mentors can seek out Pupils through global notifications that appear above the megaphone chat, then whispering them offering to be their mentor. From there, the other player must use the Request Mentorship option on the mentor, in which the mentor must accept in order to make them their pupil.
To become a Pupil, you must not have any characters on your account that are Lv.70 or higher. To seek a mentor, you can click the Mentor Search Request button in the Mentor and Pupil tab of the Community menu. This will issue a server-wide announcement for mentors to accept if they wish to. If a mentor is interested in helping you, a notification will appear in your chat box. Alternatively, you can request Mentorship from another player directly by right clicking on them, and selecting the Request Mentorship option. The option will be unavailable if the player doesn't qualify as a mentor, or already has a pupil.
The Mentor-Pupil System offers a number of exclusive benefits to both players involved, some of which can be mutually used by both the Mentor and the Pupil.
The following is a list of options and benefits available to both the Mentor and Pupil.
- Both players are notified of each other's online status.
- Both players can summon each other, so long as they are in the same channel.
- Stamina is not consumed when partying with your pupil.
- Exclusive quests
Pupils can be granted upto +100% additional EXP when partying with their mentor, based on the following:
- +50% EXP gain
- +30% EXP for using the same character as your mentor
- +20% EXP for using the same job path as your mentor
- Exclusive quests
When a Pupil reaches Lv.70, the bond between the mentor and pupil will immediately be terminated, and the pupil will be rewarded with the Certificate of Completion (7 Days) title. The mentor will then be able to grant mentorship to an eligible player at any time.
There are a small number of limitations to be aware of when entering a bond with another player.
- Mentor-Pupil status cannot be terminated during the first 48 hours of creation.
- Terminating the bond prematurely will issue a 2 hour penalty on pupils, and a 2 to 24 hour penalty on mentors, before they are allowed to seek a new partner.
- The bond will also be terminated if either player does not log in for 7 consecutive days, although no penalty is issued in this instance.
|Elrios Mentoring Qualifications|
|[Mentor] Special Training for Growth|
|[Mentor] Special 1:1 Lession|
|[Mentor] The First Step towards a Higher Goal|
|[Mentor] Joy of Growth|
|Image||Item Name||How to Obtain||Effect|
|Certificate of Beginning|
|Certificate of Growth|
|Elria's Blessing (7 Days)||Complete [Mentor] Quests||Upon using this item, the Resonance Points of your current character will be increased +5 for 7 days. The effects of this item can be stacked up to 30 days.|
- 09/13/2017 (NA)
- Mentor-Pupil System added
- 10/18/2017 (NA)
- Mentor-Pupil System PVP quests have been changed