- For the Hong Kong exclusive event, see Fishing (Event)
|Language:||English • Deutsch • français • polski|
The Fishing System is a Life Content update that allows players to gather fish and other sea creatures for rewards, including El Resonance Potions.
Fishing is managed by Helen and can be done in either of the two Elrios Hot Springs. You will need to purchase a Fishing Rod from her, as well as acquire some bait before you will be able to start fishing. Additional bonuses unique to the fishing system can be gained through various types of bobbers and reels.
Any fish caught will go into your Life Inventory, and Fishing will consume your Life Stamina over time, and cannot be performed when it is empty, you run out of bait, or your Fishing Rod has 0% durability left.
To fish, you need to equip the relevant items in the Fishing Menu. A basic Sturdy Fishing Rod can be purchased from Helen for 50,000,000 ED. Trading in Elrios Minnow offers you the option of a Random Fishing Equipment Cube, which will give you one of 4 bobbers or reels. Items that can be used as bait are Whole Grain Flour and Ruve Herbs, which you can obtain from any dungeon, or Fish Bait, which you can obtain from Pet Expedition.
Once you press 'Start Fishing', you simply need to wait as your character will automatically reel in any caught creatures over time.
There are two options that can be toggled while fishing.
- Auto Fill: Automatically replaces fishing equipment or bait with an identical item from your inventory when depleted.
- Auto Cancel: Automatically cancel fishing when your fishing equipment durability depletes and no longer gives additional stat boosts.
|Bite Time Decrease||Decreases the time between attempted catches.|
|Bite Success Rate Increase||Increases the chances of a successful catch.|
|Life Stamina Consumption Decrease||Decreases the amount of Life Stamina consumed while fishing.|
|Durability Reduce Rate Decrease||Decreases the amount of durability consumed by your rod and tools while fishing.|
|Image||Item Name||How to Obtain||Effect|
|Sturdy Fishing Rod||Purchase from Helen for 50,000,000 ED||Allows you to use bait to catch fish.|
|Light Fishing Rod||Purchase from Helen for 5,000,000 ED||Allows you to use bait to catch fish.|
|Spinning Reel||Obtained from Random Fishing Equipment Cube||Bite Success Rate Increase +3%|
|Steel Spinning Reel||Obtained from Random Fishing Equipment Cube||Bite Success Rate Increase +5%|
Durability Reduce Rate Decrease +5%
|Bobber||Obtained from Random Fishing Equipment Cube||Bite Time Decrease +3%|
|Colorful Bobber||Obtained from Random Fishing Equipment Cube||Bite Time Decrease +5%|
Durability Reduce Rate Decrease +5%
- Note: Reels and Bobbers cannot be repaired.
|Elrios Minnow||Minnow inhabiting Elrios.|
It's very common.
|Burning Carp||A fish common in hot springs. It's warm to touch even though it's a fish.|
They say it's good for your skin...?
|Lizard Bass||A bass with four horns like a lizard.|
Its horns are not poisonous, but it still hurts when you're hit by it.
|Nasod Turtle||This fascinating turtle's body shines like a hologram.|
It must be an ornamental species created with ancient Debrian technology.
Wait, it's not a hologram?
|Golden Lobster||A beautiful, tasty, nutritious shiny golden lobster.|
It is said that only royals had access to Golden Lobster Stew. It's one of Elrios' 3 greatest delicacies.
|[Fishing] The Great Fishing Road 1|
|[Fishing] The Great Fishing Road 2|
|[Fishing] The Great Fishing Road 3|
Caught fish can be traded in at Helen for various rewards. Most notably, this is the only way to obtain El Resonance Potions, which grant you multiples of 1,000,000 El Resonance Experience based on the concentration level of the potion, ranging from x1 to x100.
|Elrios Minnow x10|
|Burning Carp x10|
|Lizard Bass x10|
|Nasod Turtle x10|
|Golden Lobster x1|
|Image||Item Name||How to Obtain||Effect||Cost|
|Fishing VIP Service Ticket||
||600 K-Ching (10 Days)|
1200 K-Ching (30 Days)
Tips and Details
- Most actions are disabled whilst fishing, however viewing the Item Mall during it will cancel the fishing.
- Since Reels and Bobbers cannot be repaired, it's a good idea to use your Elrios Minnows to stock up on them.
- This is also useful if you want to earn some profit while fishing, as the equipment can be sold to other players.
- Due to the high cost of repairing fishing rods, it's advisable to take advantage of the 'Repair Cost Discount' stat in order to significantly lower the cost.
- This stat can be gained from the Gate of Darkness buff, as well as various accessories and titles, and stacked for up to a 70% discount.
- The first incarnation of Fishing in Elsword was a Hong Kong exclusive Fishing Event in 2012.